WARNING: Includes a Gruesome Scene

Chapter 3: WARNING: Includes a Gruesome Scene

“Well you don’t look too happy to see me,” I said. Ariel pouted (and damn he was cute while doing it), and took a sip out of his mug. He was sitting on the sofa, his legs tucked under his chin, with a blue blanket over him, and a mug of hot chocolate. Yes, now I’m pampering him, sue me.

“ I’m not,” Ariel said. I was a hair close to strangle him. I have saved his life over a million times!

“ You should at least say thanks,” I said.

“ Why? You’re doing the opposite of what I want. I never asked to be saved, quite the opposite,” He said.

“ Look, at least I made you hot chocolate. Be happy,” I said, annoyed with his depression.

“ I’ve never actually liked chocolate. Just drinking it to please you,” Said Ariel, taking another sip. No wonder, the jerk held his breath whenever he took a sip.

“ Is there anything that can make you happy!?!” I asked.

“ Death,” He said.

“ Well then, too bad,” I said.

“ Why are you even trying to save me? It’s not like I’m an important element to this… dystopia,” He said, and I laughed.

“ Wow, you sure are a moron,” I said.

“ Mmm,” He hummed, pouring the rest of the hot chocolate on a plant pot besides him. Can plants get hyper?

“ Don’t you see?” I asked.

“ I see many things, try to be more specific,” He said, standing up and going to the kitchen. I followed behind.

“ Look, you live in what you said, a dystopia. Everyone is practically a zombie! Yet you managed to evade the zombie-ness,” I said.

“ And that is good because…?” He asked.

“ It’s good because you can bring back the non-zombies back,” I said.

“ Something like bringing back an extinct species?” He asked.

“ Uh-huh,” I nodded.

“ Alright, I get that. Then why was I paired up with you?” He asked. My left eye twitched.

“ You know, kid, you ought to give me more credit,” I said. He stood there, looking at me with a face of ‘keep going or I will rip your tongue off’. Guess he wanted the whole explanation.

“ Alright, geez. I’m one of the best Luck Agents, and since you have a tendency to kill yourself, I was assigned to you,” I said.

“ But, WHY!? What’s the point, if it’s just for me to live a life!?!” He asked.

“ Because you are the only one left to bring back the non-zombies! And since this is something that cannot be done alone, I’m here!” I said.

“ And how are we going to bring the humans back?” He asked.

“ Well you have to………wow, I hadn’t thought of that…” I was baffled at my own stupidity.

“ Great, that’s a nice plan, genius,” He said. Enough is enough. I grabbed his chin, and forced him to look at me in the eye. Someone had to put this kid in his place.

“ Look, kid, I swear that if I had a chance to pick someone else, I would’ve. But I couldn’t, so you are stuck with me. I think I deserve at least some respect, because I can make you kill yourself in the most painful way, and believe me, death is no better than life for someone like you,” I said. But this kid had some balls.

“ Then why don’t you? Why don’t you let me kill myself, or why don’t you make me kill myself in the most painful way ever? And how do you know death is no better than life? And what do you mean ‘someone like me’?” He asked, his face cold as ice.

“ Kid, do not tempt me,” I growled.

“ How do I tempt you? You’re talking what a suicidal wants you to talk,” He said. I glared at him, and released his chin.

“ Kid, you should learn how and when to shut your mouth,” I said.

--Ariel’s POV--

     I looked at Cameron. He was glaring daggers at me, so I glared back. Seriously, he says ‘I can kill you’ as a threat to a suicidal. Could he get anymore stupid? And besides, the most painful way to die that I can imagine is that one gets their guts ripped out.

     Suddenly, everything turned black. Like a shadow, the whole room was engulfed in black. I could still see myself, and Cameron. The light (wherever it was) covered half of his face, hiding his forehead and eyes from me. But…his eyes were glowing red.

“ What are y- ARGH!” I felt this… indescribable pain around my abdomen. My legs failed, and I crumpled to the floor… But couldn’t. I opened my eyes (I had shut them!?) and looked. Cameron was on front of me, with a sadistic look on his face.

“ What’s the matter? Not enjoying death?” He asked. Tears started rolling down my eyes. The pain was… horrible! Like… your guts getting ripped out…

“ P-p-ple-please, ma-m-make I-it s-stop!” I managed to stutter out, by voice quivering.

“ You wanted to experience death, no?” Cameron said. He pulled his hand out, and I fell to the floor.  I curled up, but Cameron stretched me on the floor. I gave a scream, the pain too much.

“ You did want this,” Said Cameron. I blinked, and looked at him through the pain… Oh gods… what was that on his hand… was that…

An intestine?

     I woke up, not even knowing I was asleep, and quickly dragged the trash-bin over and puked in it. When I was sure I had puked everything, I plopped down on the… bed. How did I get there?

     But suddenly, the door opened, and Cameron came in.

“ Feeling alright?” He asked, cleaning his wet hands with a red towel. It had white parts, so it looked like a white…towel… splashed in… red…

     I quickly jumped out of bed, and dashed to the bathroom, kneeling on front of the toilet and vomiting whatever was left in my stomach.

“ uuuugh,” I moaned, sitting against the wall. Luckily, I hadn’t stained my face or anything like that. I rested my head against the wall, and moved my hand to my abdomen. I gently prodded it, and searched it. Nope, no scars and no holes. I raised my head and looked down. My shirt was clean, no red splotches on it.

“ Maybe I should give you a small tour on what Luck Agents can do,” Said Cameron.

“ nngh,” I groaned, not even wanting to think of anything more morbid than this.

“ Well then, now that you’re alright, on to what we are going to do!” Cameron said, a grin on his face.

________________________________________

(A/N): This whole story has PMS. The characters have PMS, the setting has PMS, the cows have PMS.

Well, it still works out, no? Yes, I know, morbid chapter is morbid. And yes, I do know that this chapter is pretty pointless for the story and you guys. But, it explains some things that Luck Agents can do, and how Cameron gets pissed off pretty easily.