01; Hammer Wielding Idiot

I woke up to the sound of Jane's ringtone. I felt the extreme piercing pain in my ribs as I slowly sat up. My vision slowly began to become clearer. I looked around the room realising I was still in the factory, but there was no Jane.

"Jane?" I called out, struggling to get onto my feet. I yelped out in pain, holding my side. I slowly limped my way out of the factory to see Darcy and Jane talking and Ian getting arrested.

"Jane!" I called out, picking up the pace. Jane and Darcy ran over. " What the hell happened?" Darcy exclaimed, throwing her arms about.

"If I had the answer, I wouldn't have this confused look on my face." I say, gritting my teeth. Jane moved my hand, softly touching my side. I hissed in pain, glaring at Jane. "I have three broken ribs. They hurt like hell. But why is Ian the Intern getting arrested?" I questioned.

"We are technically trespassing." Darcy answered, "Which we didn't know, because we didn't think about." Darcy muttered.

"Shit." I muttered to myself, looking around. "We need to think of something that doesn't sound crazy. Let me talk to them." I say, beginning to walk over to the police officer.

I suddenly began to feel dizzy and light headed, stumbling on my words. "Miss, we need to take you to a hospital." The officer said. The man reached for my forearm, clearly wanting to take me away.

I instantly felt my body heat rising. Suddenly I felt threatened and uneasy. 

"No." I managed to say clearly. "I'm fine."

"Miss, you're looking incredibly unwell. Please come with me." The officer said, sounding more stern. A ringing began to go off in my ears and my senses heightened. The voices started to go off again. Some in different languages and some not so clear.

Then, they stopped. The pain stopped and so did the voices.

I took my arm back and looked to the officer. "I'm fine." I say before feeling the sweet relief of the cold rain against my skin. I looked back to Jane to see her and Darcy looking completely dry.

What the hell?

I walk over to Jane and Darcy. "Okay, something weird is going on."

"Tell me about it." Darcy muttered. "This shit is crazy."

I chuckle at Darcy's little comment. Jane looked confused - a look that wasn't so common to my sister.

That's when I see him.

The hammer wielding idiot that my sister is smitten for.

"Oh no. Oh no, no." I mutter to myself. I feel myself walking towards him with an urge to fight. I knew he was a God, I knew I wouldn't win against him - I'm not that much of an idiot.

He left my sister waiting for two years without a word and I had to pick up the pieces. I wanted to grab that hammer and shove it up his God ass. I stood face to face with the six foot Avenger and ignored the piercing pain in my side, and narrowed my eyes at him

"You, you are a dick." I spat at Thor, pointing my finger at his armoured chest. "You broke my sister's heart and after two years you show up? Two years I had to pick up the pieces because you left her. You sir, are an asshole." I said angrily to the confused giant. "I swear if I could, I would kick your ass."

"Emilie!" I hear Jane's sharp tone ring in my ears from behind me. She pulled me away and with a sharp slap began to talk to Thor. 

Typical. She spends two years crying over the idiot and as soon as she sees him, all is forgiven. 

I slowly stepped away from Jane and Thor and leaned against the pillar. The burning, piercing pain in my side began to increase. I breathed in heavily, trying to figure out what was causing the pain and where it was coming from. 

Come on Emilie. You didn't spend years studying the human body to not know what the hell is going on with you.

"I need to go to the hospital." I mutter under my breath, the pain getting increasingly worse in my side. It felt like someone was stabbing my side with a steaming hot poke repeatedly. "This isn't normal." I breathed heavily. A blackness overwhelming me as I felt myself hit the ground.

The sound of an piercing noise shattered my eardrums. I fell to my knees, feeling blood trickle down my ear. I opened my eyes to see myself in a cold dark place. I looked around frantically, not knowing where I was. 

"You will soon see what I see. You will see the corruption and the lies your world makes you believe. You will feel the darkness, be consumed by it. You will live in it." A dark, horrid voice spoke. The sound of faint murmurs filled the dark space, they began to come close. I couldn't see where they were or who they were coming from. 

I was shaking from fear, my heart pounding in my chest. I felt dizzy and unable to call out for help. 

I felt bile raise in the back of my throat. I was terrified. I didn't understand what was going on. Was this a dream or something much, much worse?

A blinding white light woke me from the dream. I was laying on a cold surface with a floating gold like substance above me, a team of people surrounding me. My eyes adjusted to the light. 

I saw Jane beside me looking a mixture of relieved and absolutely terrified. 

"You scared me so much." Jane sniffled softly, tears welling up on her eyes, holding tightly onto my hand. "You fainted and you started to bleed. Thor brought us here. He thinks you were affected by the Aether as well." She explained. Jane seemed distressed, like when I have to tell a patient they're dying and they already know 

"I'm in space?" I questioned. 

"Asgard." Thor answered, appearing behind Jane. "It seems the power of the Aether affected you differently. It is protecting Jane, defending her from threat." He said, taking a brief pause. 

In that brief pause, I knew something was wrong. I knew deep down something had happened, or something was happening. 

"It seems that the power of the Aether is ... The power of the Aether seems to be destroying you." Thor finally said. "We are trying to figure out what is happens to you so we can stop it from destroying you." 

The one thing I never thought would happen, was that a magical space object was how I would die.