00; Aether

"Emilie?!"

"Emilie?"

"Emilie!"

THUD.

"Ow! Shit. Darcy, what the hell?" I hissed in pain, rubbing my elbow. I looked over to Darcy, who was staring at me with wide eyes. "You could have just tapped my shoulder, not throw me off the chair. Bloody hell." I mutter under my breath, picking up my school notes.

"Have you seen Jane?" Darcy questioned, helping me to my feet.

I shook my head in response. "No. She's on that date with that guy. David or Richard something." I said. Darcy took something from her pocket, revealing some weird electronic device thing that was continuously beeping. 

I looked at Darcy blankly. "Darcy, I'm a medical student. I don't know why it's beeping nor do I care."

"Oh yeah." Darcy muttered. "The machine is doing the exact same thing it was doing in New Mexico. The readings are the same." Darcy explained, showing me the scientific readings. Which to me, looked like doodles.

"Still don't get the point why you are showing me this, so I'll just nod and agree." I say to her. Darcy shot me a little glare. "Jane wouldn't care about these readings. Plus, it is probably just a false reading like last time, Darcy. Let Jane move on. I don't need her obsessing over that idiot again."

Darcy looked to me and gave me the look.

"Darcy. I mean it, don't give me that look because it will not make me give in this time." I argue, looking away from Darcy. The look was Darcy's way of making people give in.

Basically, a slightly creepier version of the 'puppy dog eye' look.

"Please. Come on Em, you know this could be your chance to see something awesome." Darcy exclaimed with excitement. When Jane, Erik and Darcy came to London, I heard all about New Mexico.

From what Darcy described as a big Transformer that made everything explode to the famous Thor.

Oh what a guy.

"Fine, but I don't want Jane to get over excited about that guy again. Hero or not, he's a dick." I sighed. Darcy grinned, grabbing her car keys and pulling me out of the door.

The Factory

"Richard seems nice." I spoke up, looking to Jane as we followed Darcy and Ian the Intern into the abandoned factory. "Yeah." Jane said softly. "Why are you here?" Jane asked curiously. 

"Darcy dragged me here. She said there would something I couldn't miss." I answered. "Also I'm the muscle, remember?" I nudged Jane slightly making her crack a small smile. 

As kids, our Dad would also make the joke that I was the 'muscle' of the two. Even though I'm only two inches taller than Jane. 

A shadow startled the group. "I am not getting stabbed in the name of science." Darcy said with a not so quiet voice. She held up her hands in surrender and called out, "It's okay, we're Americans." 

Jane looked to Darcy with a raised brow. "Is that supposed to make them like us?" She questioned. 

Three kids soon stepped out. I let out a relieved sigh, my nerves going away. 

"Are you the police?" The little girl, clearly the most confident of the three, stepped forward. I looked at the kids. They seemed startled and worried.