Chapter 9 - Nightmare

/*Warning: Abusive words ahead. I would have hidden the words with *** ok? If you are not comfortable please tell me, I will remove them.*/

Oviya's POV:

April 15th, 2012:

"Hello?" I heard his voice.

His voice? It is him?

I dropped the phone from my hand. I couldn't process anything. All the bitter days started to play play in my mind. How did he get my number? I can't see him, I won't. I don't want him to interfere with my life. Why can't he leave me alone? Why does he have to come again?

I sat on my bed. I zoned out to the past.

It was my eighteenth birthday, Sudeep was more happy than me. He had been more friendly for the past few months. Maybe he realised his mistakes. I couldn't be more happy than this. The action or affection he showed, made me to forget that my mother was not there with me.

He asked me to accompany him to the temple to get blessings from God on the occasion of my birthday.

I prayed to God to give me a happy life as it has been these few days.

Sudeep, no! my dad, I accepted him as my dad, was speaking busily on the phone with someone "See, Today is a special day! My daughter's birthday, I can't come. Leave me alone." then cut the call abruptly.

"Dad" I called him, he froze in his place, with a weird expression. I can't blame him, I never called him as 'Dad' for the past 6 years.

"Yes my dear"

"It might be an important call, dad. Please leave. I can go home by myself."

He seemed to be reluctant, but later he received another call which he attended,

"Sure, Yagappar, I will be there in.. " he turned towards me, for asking permission, I nodded my head asking him to go. Yagappar? Different and unique name. Never heard of the name.

"in half an hour" he said and cut the call.

"Ok, my dear. I will come in the afternoon. Be ready, we will go to the amusement park. OK? "

Amusement park? I love them! I nodded my head and left home.

I waited for him to come home, but he didn't. I started to worry about him. I tried calling to his phone, but it was switched off.

Later at night at 8:30 someone knocked at the door. I looked through the door hope and saw it was dad.

I opened the door, and noticed that he was not normal. Not normal in the sense he was drunk!

"Hey my dear, dear daughter, how are you birthday girl? Won't you allow your so called father inside?" he asked in a sarcastic tone.

He was alright in the morning. What happened to him then? I don't know whether to allow him or not, but he is my dad, so I have to allow him. I did.

"Dad, what happened? Any loss in the business? Don't worry dad, everything will be back to normal." I assured him, I know one day whatever problem we have, all will be solved. The live example is him. He changed a lot.

"SHUT UP!!! Shut up you b***h."

I flinched at his tone. He used to beat me, but he never used these kinds of words to me.