Chapter One

Chapter One

Adrian grabbed the phone from the desk in the New York Institute, “Adrian Herondale speaking?” HE drawled out tiredly. He hadn’t been sleeping well since Aunt Robyn had died.

“This is Garrett Lightwood from the London Institute. We need your help.” Garrett spoke hurriedly and seriously into the phone.

Adrian perked up, “London? What’s going on over there? How many guys do you need?”

“As many experienced as you can supply. Downworlders and even some mundanes have been turning up dead left and right. And unfortunately we don’t have as many experienced guys over here as we’d like to figure out what’s going on exactly.” He rumbled.

Adrian grimaced, “We’ve got only a couple free. Though they are very experienced. We’ll be on our way as soon as possible, alright?”

Garrett grimaced and sighed, “That’ll be alright. Just hurry.” Then he slammed the phone down in a hurry to start making preparations for the guests.

Adrian gulped and picked up the phone. He dialed a number he knew by heart, “Nevaeh? I need your help.”

Nevaeh sighed and slumped down on her couch again, “Did your hamster get stuck in the toaster again?”

“NO! Gimmy is just fine. We got a call form London asking, well more like demanding help. I need you to help me…well…to get Kelly. And if you could come to London with us that’d be amazing.” He explained.

Nevaeh shot up in her seat, “What’s wrong? And I’ll try, but you and I both know she’s stubborn.”

“Mundies and downworlders are just turning up dead. They have no clue why but they need our help. I figure with your magic, my experience and Kelly’s ability to piss off a wall we’ll manage just fine.” He explained on his cell phone while walking out of the Institute and to her house.

“I’ll be there, and I’ll try and work on Kelly. What about Livea? Maybe she can help out a bit?” She said as she started packing her bag.

“I haven’t seen or heard from Livea in weeks.” He said tiredly, “I’ve talked to KELLY more. And she’s completely convinced that her Mundie boyfriend is the best thing EVER. Who I hate by the way.” He said grouchily, nearly to her house.

She rolled her eyes, “We all know you think he’s an arrogant twat.” She chuckled as she filled the black bag with her gadgets and gear, “And I’m really worried about Livvy. She took mom’s death really hard.” She murmured sadly.

Adrian sighed, “I know. I’m worried about her too. Come on out now. We have to go face the red haired beast.” He teased lightly, “I may have to drag her unconscious body out of that disgusting apartment.”

Nevaeh giggled lightly, “I just helped her clean it last week too! Alright I’m gonna hang up and try to get ahold of Kelly now.”

Adrian hung up and waited outside for her.

Kelly ran across the bedroom to pick up her phone hoping it was Brad to answer, “Hello?” She asked dragging her hand through her hair to get it out of her face.

Nevaeh imitated a deep voice like her Mundie lover, “Well hello there baby.” She giggled in her head as she slung her bag over her shoulder, grabbed her keys to lock the door and met Adrian outside.

“Brad finally I thought you would never call!” She mocked, “Nevaeh you little brat. You need to stop hanging out with my little brother!” She scoffed, “So why are you calling me huh? Trying to make me break up with my beautiful boyfriend again?”