Chapter 2

Kyle POV.

"Yo Kyle, I'll see tomorrow yeah?" 

"Bye Kyle, oh I almost forgot, here's an invitation to my party tomorrow!"  

"Kyle! Bye!" 

"Yo dude, call me later." 

"Kyle, wanna go out tonight?!" 

"Kyle you comin' to the party tomorrow? Cause I ain't going if you ain't..." 

"BYE KYLE LOVE YOU BABY!"

I officially am the most popular guy at school. But as I walked out of the building, hearing everyone call my name and say bye to me, there was only one person and one thought on my mind. Charles Myers. Where was that little brat today? The wimp said he'd give me his birthday money. And he doesn't show up. Just wait though, the next time I see him I'm gonna beat the hell out of him.

I stepped into the train. Then, a thought struck me. I took out my phone and texted my mates, Kurt and Zeke. I had a plan.

Charles POV.

"I'm home!" my stepdad shouted as he slammed the door behind him.

I crept down the stairs to look at him. He was definitely in a bad mood. And when he's in a bad mood, he gets out of control...But when he's in a good mood, he's really nice...like when he gave me those Nike Airs. He had just come back from a 3 day business trip in France.

"Hi, Dad.." I said with a small smile. It seems pathetic but I get very nervous around him.

"Hello, Charles. Where's your mother? And more importantly, where's my dinner?!" He started of talking calmly but his last word was a shout.

I could feel my body shaking as I told him I would go and get Mum.

I ran to her bedroom as fast as I could.

"Mum? Uh... Dad's here, he wants you!" I warned.

I saw her face go from cheerful to fear.

"Oh...okay. Thanks Eddy..." She looked so confused, anxious and scared as she ran out of the room and down to Dad.

I silently crept down the corridor after her, trying hard not to make creaking sounds, and sat by the top of the stairs to eavesdrop.

"Hi honey!" Mum said.

"Ugh! Don't touch me, you freak! Give me my dinner. NOW!" Dad bellowed. I winced as I heard a sharp slapping sound.

"Yes...yes, of course." Mum replied nervously, her voice shaking.

I felt so sorry for Mum. Yes, she's a bit mental and has forgotten about her first child, but the way Dad treats her...he just takes advantage of her. It's so unfair. I didn't want to hear anymore, so I went back to my bedroom, got under the covers, closed my door and fell asleep, even though it was only 8pm.

*CHARLES' DREAM*

It's the morning of Edward's first birthday. It's very early in the morning but I creep to his bedroom, to his cot, to say Happy Birthday before anyone else. I look over to his cot. I tickle him. But he doesn't move. I talk to him. But he doesn't hear me. I kiss him. But he doesn't feel me. I pick him up and shake him around. But he is lifeless. I feel his heart. Nothing is beating. A blood curling scream escapes my mouth. Mum and Dad rush over. Mum sees and falls to the floor shrieking and crying. Dad gasps and -

*BACK TO REALITY*

I woke up, sweating and breathing fast uncontrollably. Salty tears were rolling down my cheek. I looked around. It was definitely just a dream. But Edward was gone forever.

*MORNING*

I had do go to school today. Dad was incredibly angry when he found out I hadn't gone.

I made my way to the kitchen, to get my breakfast. I passed Edward's room. He was lost, gone forever, no way of coming back. And I had to accept that.

*SCHOOL*

I shuffled down the locker hallway, my eyes flickering back and fourth. Every opening and closing of a locker door caused me to jump. And then, round the empty corner where my locker was, I saw him and his two backups, Kurt and Zeke. Our eyes made perfect eye contact, and his lips curled into a smirk.