Chapter 4

Charles POV.

As soon as my body hit the murky brown water of the lake, I knew I was going to drown. At that moment, I wished I hadn't given up those swimming lessons years ago.  But as I closed my eyes and prepared to die, I heard a muffled splash and opened my eyes in alarm. A blurry, female figure was rushing towards me in the water, and suddenly wrapped her arms around me. She picked me up, and before I knew it, we were both above the surface of the water, spluttering and coughing, gasping for air. 

I looked around at the girl who had saved me. She had beautiful tanned skin, olive brown eyes and striking, jet black hair which was now drenched. I recognized her from school, but I think she was a year younger than me. 

"Y..You saved me." I said, inbetween breaths. 

"I know. You looked like you needed some help. I saw those guys push you in." she said. "I'm Lucy by the way." she smiled, showing her silver braces with pink studs that looked incredibly cute on her. 

"Thank you. Thank you so much Lucy. Oh, and I'm Charles. So what were you doing, like why weren't you in school?" I said warmly. 

"Thats okay. Oh, just bunking. School's boring, especially physics." Lucy said.

"You bunk?! Thats awesome! How often? And..well, like, where??" I asked excitedely. 

"Yeah, and whenever I feel like it. You should try it sometime! I generally just chill down at my dad's place. See when you're parents are divorced, there are advantages. I live with my dad, and he leaves for work before I go to school. So when I don't feel like going to school,  I don't, and I send an email to the school saying I'm ill or whatever." Lucy pointed down the street. "His house is down there. You can't tell a soul.." she added, leading me towards her Dad's place.

"Aha, don't worry, you can count on me!" I said with a grin, following her. 

In about five minutes, we reached her dad's place. It was a small yet cosy looking house, themed red and brown. 

"Leave your shoes here. We should get cleaned up. Have a shower. And then I'll fix your hair." She took me to a guest room and directed me to a shower, letting me borrow her older brother's clothes. 

This was like a dream come true. Saved by bullies by a gorgeous, friendly girl, and bunking off school with her. THANK YOU KYLE!!