Sweetest Downfall

a/n: please listen to the song on the side, this whole short story thing is based on it. Vote, comment, fan.

Sweetest Downfall-

They were curled together under the covers, bodies pressing against the other, and breaths mingling. She threaded her fingers through his hair and felt the tears sliding down her cheeks as she watched his body tremble and shake the more she touched him. It was always like this, their broken souls trying to sew each other together and have them kiss each other softly, lips barely brushing and fingers searching for the other in the darkness.

His hair was long and curled against his jaw in soft brown locks and she would run her hands through it while he watched with a hazy gray gaze, the stars watching them join together and just clutch each others flesh and pant and kiss and cry.

Each night he would leave before she awoke, with a light kiss and the sun just barely peaking over the horizon. Each morning she would wake with nothing but swollen eyes and the scent of him on her pillow. She would rock herself while she sobbed, the light pooling against her tangled sheets.

That night he came back, because he always did, and they'd smile and he'd say she was beautiful and he loved her. His hands would skim her body and she'd give him a shaky grin, her blue eyes brimming with unshed tears. This night was different though, and he got up, feeling her confused gaze on his naked back as he went to the kitchen, and she'd trail behind him her footsteps whispering against the carpet, nothing but the moon light leading after her lover.

He was sitting in a chair, looking up at her and handing a pair of silver scissors, his gray eyes half lidded and beautiful. She turned the kitchen light on, hearing the buzz of electricity and brought the scissors to his long hair, nothing but the dull glow of light from the ceiling, and snipped away with even duller edges.

They crawled back under the covers, and her fingers found very little hair and they smiled sadly at each other, like always. She looked up at him with her blue eyes and he stared down at her with his gray ones, breaths mingling, bodies pressed together, and she cried, because that's how it went. They joined together, bodies moving in a slow rhythm, the stars twinkling down at them, lips brushing against each other like wings, and this time they stayed that way. She locked her arms around his neck because his hair was gone and they kissed sweetly as the morning light invaded the room, mouths curling together as they smiled.

She fell asleep in her lovers arms, the sun warming up her naked skin and lighting up his eyes.

When she woke he was gone, the sun setting. And she knew, he wasn't coming back, feeling the ghost of him against her as the tears fell and she felt like her heart was being ripped from her chest. But she still got up, bracing against the wall because her legs were numb. She stumbled through the small apartment, seeing his brown curls littered across the tile floor, she called out his name, her voice raising, and her sobs turned to screams as she fell to the ground.

She went to her bed sometime later, the tear ducts having dried up long ago, and climbed into her bed emotionless, sleeping on his side of the bed. She smelled his pillow, the musky scent of him, him, him.

Soon the pillow began to smell more and more like her, and the hair had long been swept up, and she had nothing of him but the memories of their loving embrace.

And nobody asked her if she was okay, nobody knew that he was gone, and she just wanted to end it. Nobody crawled in bed with her, nobody kissed her under the twinkling stars, and nobody asked about them. Everyone seemed normal, even though her world was crashing down around her, suffocating her.

The history books forgot about us, and the Bible didn't mention us. Not even once.