Chapter nine

Sorry for taking so long guys but I hope you like this chapter. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! And make sure to vote! Thanks guys. :) 

Chapter nine

I ignored everyone for a while after that huge fight. I just stayed to myself figuring that was better than possibly causing another unneeded fight.

Jace caught me sketching out by the pool when they were blasting music throughout the house.

“You look bored,” he said while crossing his arms.

“I’m just sketching,” I replied.

“Come on,” he groaned. “Get up, be happy, do something exciting.”

“Like what?” I asked closing my sketch book and setting it down beside me.

“Here,” he said extending his hand to me.

He helped me to my feet before putting a hand on my waist and intertwining our fingers with his other hand. “What are you doing?” I laughed.

“Dancing,” he grinned before starting to move us in a fast paced circle. I let my head fall back as I laughed and I put my free hand on his shoulder. He twirled me around before pulling me back to him. “And I thought you couldn’t dance,” He mused.

“Zoey’s the dancer,” I shot back.

“You can dance.”

“I never said I couldn’t,” I said smugly. “I just don’t like to dance.”

He smiled at me and I smiled back before I heard someone shout. Something slammed into us and shoved us into the pool.

I resurfaced gasping and blinked away the water before looking up at Ian who was doubled over laughing.

“Was that really necessary?” Jace asked before cracking a smile as well.

Ian shrugged, “It seemed pretty necessary.”

I shook my head at him. “This is why you don’t have friends.”

“I have friends!” He said crossing his arms.

Trey came running out the door before slamming into Ian and pushing him face first into the pool.

I nearly inhaled pool water I was laughing so hard.

Ian resurfaced sputtering.

“Like I said, you have no friends,” I said before sticking my tongue out at him.

Ian splashed Trey and Trey shook his head before jumping in and pushing Ian under the water.

Jace threw me over my shoulder before spinning me around. We got into a splashing war and a thought occurred to me.

They were including me in their fun. Maybe it was because they felt bad because of what I’d said; maybe they had actually considered everything I’d screamed at them.

Or maybe on some small level they actually enjoyed my company.

**********************

Later that day we were all at the beach and Zalee and Zoey and Lianne had all buried me under the sand. I stuck my tongue out as Ian took a picture of all of them crouching around me.

“Now try and get up,” Zoey laughed.

I gave an exasperated sigh because we all knew I wouldn’t be able to do it because I was buried up to my neck in sand, but I tried anyway. It didn’t work and everyone laughed at me.