Kidnapped by the Enemy (Chapter 1: The Families)

Chapter 1~

Marissa's POV. ~

My name is Marissa Jones. I'm 17 years old and am going to be a senior this year. I'm just like every other average teenager, right? Wrong.

The only difference between me and other teens is that my family has been in a feud for centuries. Our enemies are the Collins. No one remembers how the feud started. All we know is that the feud will not end until one family concurs the other.

My family is made up of my mother, Margret (age 37), my father, Lucas (age 39), my older brother, Justin (age 19), my younger sister, Madison (age 15), and I. My mother is tall and slim and blue eyes. She has long, wavy, brown hair and pale skin. My father is also tall and is very buff and has green eyes. He has short, dirty-blonde hair and pale skin. My brother is shorter than my mother and father, but is still taller than my sister and I, and is also, like my father, very buff with blue eyes. He has short, sandy-blonde hair and, unlike my parents and I, has tan skin. My sister is almost as tall as me and is also very slim and has blue eyes. She as long, wavy, sandy-blonde hair and tan skin. I am tall and slim and have green eyes. I, on the other hand, have long, straight, black hair and ivory skin.

I'm not exactly close with my family, but we all work together and stand up for each other when necessary. Unlike the rest of my family, I'm not really out going. My sister is very popular at school, my brother is very popular at college, and my parents are some of the respected people at their jobs. We have our differences, but we love each other all the same.

The Collins are another story. They are made up of Jessica (age 36), Tom (age 37), Jennifer (age 18), Michel (age 16), and Jacob (age 17). Jessica, the mother, is tall and slim with hazel eyes. She has long, curly, auburn hair and tan skin. Tom, the father, is also tall and slightly buff and has dark brown eyes. He has short brown hair and also has tan skin. Their oldest daughter, Jennifer, is shorter than me and is a little chunky and ,like her mother, has hazel eyes. She has long, wavy, brown hair and also has tan skin. The youngest son, Michel, is almost as tall as Jennifer and is also a little chunky and has hazel eyes. He has short brown hair and also has tan skin. Last but not least, Jacob, the oldest son. He is tall and rather buff for his age and has dark brown eyes. He has short brown hair and, unlike the rest of his family, has ivory skin.

Their a very close family from what I've heard. Plus they're strong fighters. They are, in my opinion, are a very beautiful family. Jennifer and Michel are chunkier than the rest of their family, but they pull off their weight well. Our family doesn't compare to their beauty, or their closeness, but, in terms of fighting and of intelligence, we are exemplary. We are 10 times stronger, and 20 times smarter than the Collins.

I know what you're thinking, if we're so much stronger and smarter than the Collins, why don't we just take them out and end this entire feud altogether? Well, my father finds this feud amusing, even though it's killed more than half of our family. He tells us that that's the reason we keep them around. I don't believe him. I think this is far deeper than entertainment for my family. There is far more to this feud than what meets the eye.