Mix Up

A/N:: This chapter is dedicated to my two best Irish friends who recently started supporting me and my books! Can't wait to see you guys again! Love y'all! Okay here is the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First day at work. Even though we had to work for the damages, the owner was kind enough to pay Adam and I. Lizzy and Lucas decided to help us in the back. They were bringing in and out boxes. Adam was taking orders and so was I. A customer was yelling at Adam when I stepped in. "Look sir, I know you payed for the combo meal but we ran out. I can put together some stuff to make a combo and that can be your combo meal if you would like. But yelling at workers isn't going to make the last combo meal come to you." I told him simply. He looked angry at first but as he processed my words he sighed in defeat. He nodded looking ashamed. I turned around and put together different movie foods. "How did you do that?" Adam asked. "You underestimate my power young grasshopper." I said gearing to sound like Yoda. I turned around and handed the man his meal. He turned and left.

Everything was going fine until my mother walked through the door crying. I ran from behind the counter and over to her. My thoughts were rushing through my mind. "Mom what's up?" I asked concerned. She sniffled handing me a note with her shaking hand. I read the note. Tears weld up in my eyes. My dad broke his arm in war. He was coming home! I hugged my mom. Lizzy and Lucas came over to see the fuss Adam followed behind. "What's wrong?" Lizzy asked me. "You guys. Dad is coming home!" I was so speechless I could barely get the words out. I hugged each of them and when I got to Adam I didn't realize until after it happened but I kissed him. Just a small peck on the lips but it was a kiss. Luckily no one noticed. We backed away from each other and I began to rub my arm.

Later that evening Adam confronted me. Of course. "Hey. Um. About that-" I cut him off. "It was nothing. I was just caught in the moment right?" I asked. "Um." He scratched the back of his head. "Yeah. Right. Yeah defiantly. I mean us? Together?" He chuckled. It sounded forced. I just smiled and nodded. Before I could walk back to my car Lizzy caught up. "I have a secret but I'm not sure if I should tell you but your my sister so I should tell you but it will ruin a friends reputation" She took a deep breath after saying that long breathless sentence more to her self than me. "Just say it!" I demanded stopping and turning around to face her. She mumbled something. "What!" I asked holding out my ear. She mumbled it a little louder but I still couldn't hear her. "For the love of God just-" "Adamhaslikedyousincethethirdgrade!" She said as fast as she could hoping I didn't catch any of it. But I did. Every word. "Shit!" I cursed "what is it?" Lizzy asked. "I just friend-zoned him!" I told her. "Ohhhhhh!" She covered her mouth.

I looked around and spotted him. I tried to run to him but Lucas grabbed my arm. "Lizzy do you ever keep your mouth shut?" He shamed on her. "Not to my best friend!" She yelled matter-a-factly. "Don't confront him about it. Just....slowly fall in love with him " he mumbled that last part. WHAT?! "Lucas! I don't love him!" I told him sternly pulling my arm out of his grasp. Lizzy giggled. "Really? 'Cause that kiss says otherwise." She giggled again. "Oh. No. That wasn't-" they gave me those looks. You know those looks your friends give when they don't believe you? Yeah that one. "Guys I'm serious. I was just...caught up in the moment." I began rubbing my arm again. "Lucas! You know she is lying! She rubs her arm when she lies!" Lizzy pointed out. "Okay I do not! And I WAS caught in the moment! It could have been Lucas I kissed!" I told them gesturing toward him. We both looked at my hand then at each other. We gave each other disgusted looks then I snatched my arm away. Lucas is like my brother. I would never- "Yes you do your rubbing your arm again!" Lizzy was now on the hood of my truck. It was old and rusty. It was my red beauty. I pulled my arms to my sides. "Think what you think! But I am not! I repeat I am NOT! In love with Adam!" I waved my arms around like a crazy lady. I opened my truck door and Lizzy jumped off the hood and I sped off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's short I kinda had writers block!