Chapter 3

The dress was blue and white (A/N I know they don't match). It was white down the front, around the end of the sleeves, where my elbows would go, and inside the hood. I guess the hood because this is a bandit place. I take off my clothes and get into this. I put my clothes in my messenger bag and hide it in the dresser. I walk into the bathroom. It's stone brick, and has a white toilet, white sink, oak vanity with things for my hair and makeup, a shower, and a bathtub. I sit down in the chair that goes with the vanity and take a brush. I brush out all the knots in my straight hair. I usually have it in a bun, but I left it down because I washed it this morning. I take the hairspray and use a bit on my hair so it doesn't go crazy. I take a silver headband that goes across my forehead. I put on some blush and mascara. I'm not that good at makeup, but I think that's enough. I walk back into the bedroom. I pull out my book and start to read. My little escape to another world. How much do I wish that the Seven will save me or Harry to have a broomstick for me to ride off or I grow wings and fly off with the flock or Katniss to have a bow for me to use or for Rampion to be here to take me into space. I literally want to run outside and yell out for one of them to save me. Trust me, I hate this damsel in distress thing! I hear someone knocking at the door. I open it up to see 'Prince' Aaron.

"Hello Maxine." He says.

"Hello Prince Aaron." I bow.

"Are you ready to join me?" He holds out his arm. I see Gregory out of the corner of my eye. He gives me a look that says that I'm doing good. He motions to my hood. I put it up and take 'Prince' Aaron's arm.

"Yes." We walk off. I give Gregory a thumbs up behind my back. I memorize all the rooms I can. He shows me kitchens and dining rooms. A meeting room, the treasury, the guards' rooms, and last

"This is my room." He motions to a black door. "I thought you would like to know where this is." He smiles. Ewww. Ew ew ewww.

"Not in particular." I say. O. I hope he doesn't kill me for that. He laughs. Phew.

"One day. Please come in." He says, opening the door.

"No thank you." I say. I feel fear in my every bone.

"Just cause I'm a bandit, doesn't mean I'm not a gentleman." He smiles.

"That's a double negative. It means-"

"Father did say you where smart. Guess he wasn't lying. I'll show you one more room and then we should have dinner."

"Ok." How could I possibly ignore that wonderful offer.

He leads me to more halls and we go past rooms I'm guessing I don't want to know. We finally stop at an double oak door. He opens it and leads me though. I almost gasp. It's a beautiful library, with bookshelves to the ceiling.

"Do you like it?" He asks.

"It doesn't matter the quantity of books, what matters is the quality of books." I say. I'm not gonna give in.

"Umm."

"Where did you get these?"

"Stole them."

"Not surprised."

"I thought it would win you over."

"Kidnapping isn't the way to do it. If you would have just met me, like a normal person, and then asked to go out, I would be most likely to say yes."

"What if I would kill people you love, until you love me." I tense up.

"I would never speak to you. You will have lost."

"Who did you sacrifice yourself for?"

"I wasn't gonna let a child come here. I would feel bad."

"So you don't know the person well?"

"There is always something new to learn about a person."

"What would you say about me. Using your own words."

"If I may speak without being killed."

"I won't kill you. Or anyone else."

"A Casanova."

"The best one you have known?"

"No. This one fictional character beats you. He may be a Casanova, but he's a real nice guy at the core."

"How do you know I'm not a nice guy?"

"I would be home, doing homework instead of being here."

"How could I win you over?"

"Let me go. Let me have a normal life. I don't think my parents would approve of a bandit anyway."

"So?"

"You must ask the girl, whom you are planning to wed's father."

"Not here."

"Shame for you." I say.

"I believe it is time for dinner, don't you m'lady?"

"I am not very hungry. But if I must." He offers me his arm. I take it and we walk off towards dinner. Tonight's feast: surprise stew. They won't tell me what's in it, so surprise! It's only me and the Prince Of Stupid. After we finish, and I didn't each too much, he escorts me back to my room. Gregory isn't there, but a different dude is. I go in and shut the door. I hate him. Arrogant, going on and on about how impressive this place is, and a Casanova. So basically, not my type. I'm here for Amy. I just gotta remember that. I wonder if I'll see her ever again. No. I can't think like that. I will see her. I will. I wash off the makeup and hop into the shower.

After I get cleaned up, I get out and dry myself off. A nightgown was waiting for me in my room. I close the curtains and go behind the divider. I get changed and braid my hair. I pull out my book and read. I want escape, even if it's not for long.

I fall asleep in the chair, but I wake up in my bed, with my book on the chair. I wonder... I shudder to think it would be Aaron. I push the thought away. I hope I'm not here for much longer. I hate it, but mostly, I miss Amy. I know our parents fight sometimes. I hope she is with a relative or a friend. O Amy, this mouse will make it back.