10 - Jealous Much?

Evan

"Dude, did you really have to text me? You know we have a doorbell, right?" Said Caleb as he ushered me in.

I scanned the living room just to make sure CJ wasn't around. It almost felt like I just stepped in a Lion's den. "Well, you know, your sister hates my guts. She'd probably kill me if she ever knew I was here."

He snorted. "What? Did I hear that correctly? Evan is scared of my sister Clarey?" He made some clucking noises just to tease me.

"Yeah, really funny, you little twit." I said, closing the door quietly behind me.

He rolled his eyes then pointed a finger up the ceiling. "Don't worry, she's up in her room right now."

I breathe a huge sigh of relief. It was nice knowing that CJ was busy in her room, but a part of me wanted her to know that I was there. I've always wondered how she would react? This was my first time stepping inside the Johnson's residence. Back when we were younger, Evalyn and I used to play in front of our house and the other kids from the block would just join us.

That's when I met CJ.

It confused me for a bit because I didn't know the Johnson boys had a sister. She started hanging around with us but Lance and I didn't want her to. It was just weird having a girl play with us. My mom even offered CJ to play with Evalyn, but knowing my sister, she didn't want anything to do with any other girls on the block.

"Yo, von Detten, you coming or not?" Caleb whispered.

"Yeah, be down in a sec."

We proceeded down to the basement where the game room was settled. Caleb also invited a few guys from his basketball team. The only one I knew well from BonitaVerde high was Kyler since he lived across the street from us. We played pool for about an hour and a half, then I realized it was already nine o'clock. I decided to go to the kitchen to get myself a little snack.

As I walked toward the kitchen, I heard giggling noises coming from the family room. I knew it was CJ and her friends, so I stood quietly behind the saloon door to eavesdrop on their conversations.

"Oh, come on! Kiss him already!" One voice shouted angrily. I think it was Sofie's. I recognized her annoying voice well. "Elena, kiss him now, or else, I'll kiss him myself!"

"Ohh, I would love to have Damon Salvatore's babies," Trish gushed. "We would make some gorgeous babies, let me tell you that."

CJ chuckled. "Yeah, I'm sure you would."

"Why does he have to be so fucking hot?" Sofie sighed, leaning her back against the sofa. "Why can't we have gorgeous guys like him at school?"

My nose crinkled. Who the hell is Damon?

"Okay," I saw CJ bounce up from the Sofa. "Who wants more chips and salsa?" She sang.

Oh, shit.

I ran back to the kitchen, turned off the lights, and stood behind the door where she won't be able to see me. CJ beelined toward the refrigerator and grabbed a whole bottle of soda. She decided to turn the lights on as I was about to sneak out of the kitchen.

She dropped her cup the minute she saw me.

"Holy mother of—"

"No, no, no, don't scream, it's me!"

She threw her hands up in the air. "Evan? What the hell are you doing here? Did you sneak in? Because if you did, I'm calling the cops." She quickly grabbed the cordless phone from the kitchen counter close to the sink.