5 - The Ultimate Plan

Clarey

"Say what?" Sofie exclaimed. Trish laughed along as we all entered my house that afternoon. The blaring noise of video games was coming from the living room. After dropping our bags down at the bottom of the stairwell, I realized it was my brother Corey playing Black Ops along with his other friends and our cute neighbor, Kyler Kress, from across the street.

I shook my head and went back to the kitchen. Sofie and Trish sat down on the stools by the granite island while I popped open a bag of potato chips.

"Clarey, you didn't answer my question." Sofie said warily.

I smirked. "Evan is asking me out on a date. And I said I would think about it."

Sofie's eyes widened. "Holy pepperoni! Are you serious, chica? This is like, major!"

"Now that's just suicide right there," Trish shook her head in bewilderment. "Haven't you learned your lesson yet?"

I shrugged as I poured myself a glass of orange juice. I wobbled my head from side to side. Sofie noticed the sly look on my face as I bit a baby carrot. Yes, I knew what I was getting into. Playing fire with fire's dangerous. Sure, I'll get burnt eventually. But it'll be worth it.

"You got a plan up your sleeve, don't you?" Sofie asked. "Spill."

I slowly licked the bottom of my lip. "I know a way to get back at that jerk."

Trish and Sofie stared at each other in disbelief. Their bulging eyes shifted back to me. I knew they needed to be filled in whatever it was that's swirling in my mind right now.

"So, what? You're going to make him jump off a cliff?" Sofie asked hopefully.

"No." I shook my head with a smirk.

"Make him eat slugs?" Trish asked.

"No."

"Hmmm," Sofie tapped her chin. "Make him walk around blindfolded in his underwear, maybe?"

"No," I chuckled. "Actually, that's not a bad idea."

"What's not a bad idea?" My older brother, Calvin, had just walked into the kitchen interrupting our secret mission. He wasn't wearing a shirt and he looked like he just finished taking a shower due to the visible water droplets from his hair.

Sofie's jaw dropped automatically and snapped into her usual day dreaming state, both her hands cupping her face while she stared dreamily at my brother. It's just ridiculous, not to mention gross to see her drooling over my brother.

"Clarey's gonna make Evan walk around blindfolded in his underwear." Sofie stated while Trish just giggled behind her.

I shot her a glare. You bitch, I mouthed. She just waved a hand at me like it was nothing.

"Evan?" He cocked an eyebrow, holding the refrigerator door open. "From next door?"

I blushed as I tried making up a non-horrendous excuse for what big mouthed Sofie had just spilled. I cleared my throat.

"Uh, yeah, it's just a little joke we have."

"Okay, you girls have fun then." He winked at Sofie, grabbing an apple from the basket at the center of the island. He bit into the apple as he walked out of the kitchen, giving us a little wave.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes at Sofie, who was just completely drooling like a rabid dog. I waited until Calvin was out of earshot.

"Sofie, what the hell?" I snapped.