Part 11

Sorry for the late update...I can't focus on this for the time being. 

Quite busy in the office. Hope you understand. 

===============================================================================

I was discharged from the hospital after a few weeks of rest and treatment. I did not say anything to Claud after our last conversation. I can’t find the perfect words to say, words that would comfort her. We still did not have formal closure.

Thinking about it hurts me. After all of the things that had happened, I still love her. And it hurts me more to think of what she feels right now. Is she over with me already? Does she have someone else? I wanted all of this to be cleared up.

After the incident she decided to move in our house. She said she was worried about me. So for the time being, she will take care of me. I should be thankful because she still cares for me, but why am I feeling this way.

I felt uncomfortable.

Consciously, it was awkward because she was my “sister” — sister that I have a romantic feeing with.

I have been thinking, we can still save our relationship. After all we are not related by blood.

“Jane, is the breakfast ready? I will be going to my office today”.  I asked while going to the dining area.

“Yes sir, Miss Claud prepared it herself” Jane responded.

I sat down on my usual seat at the dining area. Claud was already there, busy setting up the table. She’s wearing a loose shirt and a pedal, with a beautiful face as always. Looking at her makes me think that she’s my wife now, serving me her husband. But I waived the thought because legally we’re siblings!

She placed toasted bread with butter on my plate while I was stirring my coffee. I was about to sip my favorite drink in the morning but she took it away.

“The doctor said, YOU-ARE-NOT-ALLOWED-TO-DRINK-COFFEE” she said every word with conviction. I chuckled I felt like I was a student being scolded by a teacher.

“Ok..ok..sorry, but my day would never be complete without it” I protested

“No buts mister, It’s for your own good” she replied then took a big bite on her toast.

“I’ll drink it later in the office then” I mumbled.

“You’re saying something?” she looked at me, right eyebrows raised.

“Nothing” I said sarcastically and dived on my plate.

We finished our meal without much talk. I can’t bring myself to ask her about our situation and I think I’m not yet ready to hear her answers. For now, I’m happy and content that she cares for me and I can laugh again together with her.

***Next Time***