Fledglings

A scream ripped through my throat, slicing through the air like a blade. The sound startled Darren, enough to distract him. Not me my eyes were on the prize. Life. I ungracefully scrambled away, hitting the back of my head on my vanity. Dazed, my hand went to my head, and returned bloodied. My last image was Darren shrieking, ramming himself against the chains. Oh no, I forgot to give him his blood.....Darkness engulfed me.....

I woke, up to Leah shaking me. Darren was still attempting to get free,  just as before. Sweet and blood covered him, but I lay there staring at him.

"He's not going to get better...Is he?" I whispered. 

"What?" She answered. Though Darren didn't seem interested in our conversation, he paused at the sound of our voices.

'Where can we take him.....it has to be far away, I don't want him killing anyone, from around here, this town is small enough."

"There's always, Pyran."

"Where and what is that?" A streak of hope, slit through the bleak curtain of dought and dispare that had been built in the weeks Darren had been longing to kill me.

"Pyran, is south of Madagasgar, and it's a island for supernatruals." She said standing up, a wide smile spreading across her face, "There are angels, werewolves, faries, and of course vampires, and more now. Every year or so they discover a new species."

"Why haven't humans discoverd it?" 

"They can't, some hundred years ago a powerful vampire put a charm on it, so that it's invisible to humans." She explained.

"That sounds perfect, how do we get there?" It was all I could do not to jump up and dance around the room.

"Well...that's the problem....Wait! No, I knew a man, and he use to live there, he can help you...But he lives  in Canada now, and I'm not really sure where in Canada..."