Fledglings

"Darren?" I said with a hesitant voice. "Think about it....Tell me your thoughts."

"I can smell your fear...see it to." He breathed in a deep breath, "It's red and it's pouring off you. It smells..." he thought for a moment, "delicious."

 He bent down into a crouch, as if a lion about to spring. Twang. Suddenly, he fell forwards, and a beautiful woman, with long black hair and orange eyes stepped out behind him, holding a frying pan.

"I hate when they turn on you. I mean its such a waste, I thought instead of killing him, I could come in and help." She sniffed the air, "Your not his creator."

"What?" I was so confused on how she entered, my room, "What's a creator....Are you a vampire? Who the hell are you? Where did you come from?"

She sighed and smiled, transforming her into a warm mother, you wished to hug, "I am a vampire. I smelt your fear, and heard him thretening you. I thought you could use some help...." I gave her a confused look, "I used the window. If you want to hear the rest you'd better take a seat." she said nodding to my beanbag chair Darren had sat on moments ago.

"A creator is a vampire,  who has bitten, a human to transform them. The more humans a vampire bites, the more powerful the immortal becomes. Well, given the human survives." She pointed towards Darren, "His creator must have many fledglings. He is almost prefect, no human left."

"That raises more questions then answers them but I'll start with the most important one...well most important to me: Why can you sit here so calmly? If you’re a vampire, you should want to kill me....shouldn't you?" I asked scooting farther away from her.

"Yes, your blood calls to me, but I only turn humans, if they're dying. Or I don't take enough blood to transform them.” She seemed nice but I still didn't trust her, "So do you want some help with him?"

"Yes!!" I begged.

"here you go," she handed me an opac water bottle, that I hadn't noticed till now, "That's blood. I'll bring some more every night."

"Thank you...Why are you helping me?"

"I went through a similiar situation, but with my dad, no one helped me, and he drank my blood, for five years, I was his personal supplies." Her eyes were glazed over, reliving those horrid five years, in one mineute, "In the end he left me to die when I started to rebel." she laughed, "A werewolf, took me in, atempted to nurse me back to health, but in the end, I had to face the thruth, I was going to die with joining the supernatruals. Sadly, I thought you had to be born a werewolf, to be one, so I found a vamp, and I haven't seen that wolf since....we were good friends. There's nothing in the world I regret more than leaving him."

"I'm sorry.....ummm." I searched my memory, had she told me her name?

"Leah.” She said smiling.

"Leah." I repeated remembering it, "Thank you Leah, I thought I was going to have to handle this all by myself." 

For hours upon hours Leah and I talked all the while Darren was unconsious. Get this a 'fledgling" is a new vampire, like just created. They're really hard to control and usually kill around 40,000 humans in  those new years. Leah personally only killed 600, when her werewolf friend (whos name I learned was Kai,) fell asleep to carefully and she escaped. 

Another thing I learned about was all that crap about garlic and sunlight, is complete bullshit! Well kinda the garlic weakens them and they're their strongest at night.

Anyways so when she left so did all the weight that had been dropped on my shoulders since Monday.