Oh Joys Of Joys

The guards hurriedly open doors that I storm into the boys still on my heels.

“Serenity, stop this now.” I hear Siam says.

“You are not the boss of me Siam,” I siad, “not yet.”

“Well, I am still your big brother, I deserve a little time to explain-“

“No.” I snapped and faced them. “Brother or not youjust prove that every male alpha can be just-“ I poke him on the chest, “like-“ poke him again, “you! And I’m condemned to love and live with soemone like that!”

“Serenity you know that isn’t the case.” He said, “Not once you are mated.”

“That won’t change what you were.” I said.

“Is the past so important that you will sacrifice your future?” he argued.

“Well, if the past isn’t so important then maybe you don’t mind that your mates-“ I glared at all of them, “had a rendezvoued with someone else before you then!”

I heard them growl at the thought, but I stood my ground. I wouldn’t be intimidated by hormone hyped boys.

“Growling at my daughter,” we all turned to the voice, “this must be serious then.”

I intantly lit up and ran to the speaker.

“Daddy!” I squealed and ran up to him throwing my arms around his neck.

He laughed as he picked me up and twirled me around. “My goodness, you’ve grown since I last saw you.”

I giggled and moved away, “That was just two months agi daddy.”

“Too long for an old man.” He said as he gave my nose a light tap like he always did when I was younger. Then he set me back on my feet and we faced the boys, his arms over my shoulder, protectively.

This may be my brother and bestfriends, but then again, if there was anyone who can be unstable right now, it would be unmated teenagers.

“So, would someone please tell me what’s going on that I was welcomed home by your bickering?” he asked.

We all talked at the same time, arguing and shouting more in the process. Then father whistled making me cringe a bit, I hated the sound of it, for some reason it hurts my ears.

He gave me an apologetic smile and then turned to the boys.

“Now from what I’ve caught with all that shouting, I’m guessing you boys got into some girl problems?”

“No.” Jake says, “We were doing pretty well, until Serenity had to go all alpha goddess on them.”

My dad raised a brow at me, “Well they were being stupid, seriously dad. Its so unfair that female shifters have to dumbly wait for them to find their mates and save their purity for them, while the male population run amuck from one pants to another.”

My dad chuckled, “I am part of that male population, princess.” He reminded me making me blush, “And you know how this things work, love. Male shifters are in need of this attention and touches.”

“No.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest, “I will not believe that that is the case. Not if I have a say on it.”

“Just like you have in everything.” Siam pointed out. “Look Serenity, this is the natural order of things, this is nature you are trying to alter.”

“I’m not altering anything, I’m simply trying to be fair.”

“Fine, then go flirt with every boy you meet.” Siam dared.