Chapter 27

I woke up to gale walking in our room and his eyes looking everywhere but us. I quickly put the cover closer to my chest "gale!" I sai embarrassed. I could see Peeta was already awake laughing. Gale tried not to laugh and said "erm..well,erm, dinner is ready, and,erm you have to go eat because ,erm.. The baby" he said nervously still not looking directly at us. "Okay, just erm, can you go please?" I said whilst laughing and blushing. "I was intending to" he said jokingly, that's when he went out the room shutting the door behind him. I could see Peeta at the corner of my eye covering his mouth and laughing so hard. "Peeta!, that wasn't funny!" I said whilst laughing. "Well what was I supposed to do?" He said in a playful way. "Come on let's get dressed" he said , quickly then looking to my stomach "and we need to get you fed!" He said whilst pointing to my abdomen an bending down and kissing it. We both got up and started putting a fresh new pair on leggings (or trousers in peetas case) and a grey long sleeved top. The top didn't fit me properly because of my big bump that was showing now. A LOT. So I had to stretch it so I could fit over my stomach. My top finally obeyed and I was out the door already with Peeta by my side. Still protecting me, you could say. We slowly walked down the hall passing Boggs. Bogs nodded at me and I returned the favour. I saw someone running towards me. It was prim. "Katniss!" She shouted whilst carefully hugging me trying not to hurt the baby. "Hey little duck!" I said whilst stroking her hair and walking. "Come on let's get something to eat." I said to her. She just simply nodded and smiled up at me. "Can I sit next to you?" Prim asked sweetly. "No, I'm just going to sit with Peeta an leave you out (!)-of course you can silly!!" I said sarcastically whilst laughing. She soon started to giggle. We finally got to the food area and I saw finnick and annie sitting around this big table. Me , Peeta and prim went and joined them. "Hey guys" I said warmly to them. "Hey, we have great news!" Annie said whilst finnick was smiling with joy. "What? What is it?" I asked curiously. "Katniss, I'm pregnant!" She was crying with happiness. "Awe! Congratulations!" I got up to give her and finnick a hug and so did Peeta and prim shortly afterwards. "It was a shock! We just weren't expecting it!" Finnick said suprisedly. "I'm so happy for you both!!" I said Nearly crying. "Thank you katniss!" Annie and finnick said in unison. "Hey look! The foods coming" Peeta said looking like he hadn't eaten for days. "Yes!" I heard prim say out of excitement. The waiter put down our meals in front of us and we started to eat the mouthwatering food.
I know this chapter was boring 😂 but it was a filler to when the real fun and action begins🌸