Chapter 24

Sammy Wilk - Higher <3
_________________

-Hayes POV-

I woke up before Kim had the next morning. The sky was still dull outside when I checked the time: 8:15 a.m

She turned over - still asleep - and faced me. I wrapped my arms around her body, feeling each curve under my fingers.

I wouldn't say Kim is beautiful. That would be doing her an injustice. Kim Gilinsky is more than beautiful. She is intelligent, extraordinary,wonderful, exciting. She is a work of art.

As I watched her sleep, I smiled to myself when her nose scrunched up a little or how her brows knotted together. I touched her cheek ever so gently. I didn't want to wake her up just yet.

Slowly, Kim's eyes fluttered open when I touched her and she burst out laughing.

"Don't you know its creepy to watch someone sleep!" She nudged me and turned around. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her from the back, pulling her back to me and closer than before.

"Don't you know its because I love you!" I said, not realizing the word I'd actually spoke. She was laughing because my hands were cold against her skin.

Kims laughter died down. She didn't turn around but hooked our hands together. There was a short silence but not awkward. We were both just thinking.

"Do you?" Kim asked quietly. I couldn't tell her true emotions behind the question.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked.

Kim nodded.

"I'm not declaring my undying love for you or propose. I'm not going to be sappy and cliche." I explained to Kim. "I'm going to be honest. I care for you, all I want is for you to be happy. In that sense...I love you "

I didn't hesitate one bit.

"I really do love you Kim. I know that people throw those words around but I'm just trying to be real with you."

I couldn't see her facial expression and didn't want to scare her. Maybe she wasn't ready for that kind of commitment. Maybe she didn't want it with me.

"You don't gotta give me all your love." I said. "I just want the real you because I'm giving you the real me."

Kim chuckled. "I love you Grier. I was afraid to say it at first but when you care about someone, love is the only world."

I cuddled against her back, holding her warm body against mine. "I didn't want to scare you baby."

I pecked her bare shoulder gently, making her shiver. I loved the effect I have on Kim - it made me know how she felt about me.

"But..." She sat up, still having her back to me. Her voice held a little hit of doubt that concerned me.

"What?" I asked quietly still lying down. My fingers touched her back slowly.

Kim shook her head. "Do you love me because of last night. Is that why?"

I was surprised. That thought had not even crossed my mind yet. I heard the hurt in her voice - she probably thought that's all I want from her.

"Kimberly." I said serious, sitting up too and sliding my arms around her waist, her back pressed against my chest. "Baby if you knew how much you mean to me, you'd never question that. Last night was incredible and I was willing to wait - even though you're eighteen."

"Hayes - "

"Let me finish." I said. "I love you for the person you are. For the person you've made me become - who I was before. And I'm never gonna let you go baby."