Chapter 17

Fire.

It was everywhere.

Every direction I looked there were burning buildings, burning trees, burning bodies. Their petrified screams echoed throughout the streets. Screams for help that will never come.

Then there was me, standing in the middle of the chaos. My limbs were useless as I stood motionless.

I felt a cold pair of hands around my shoulders. Tony slowly walked around to face me.

"Beautiful isn't it?", he smirked,"the sound of misery and suffering, it just brings a smile to my face."

He stood for a moment, taking in the scene in front of him.

"The best part was that I didn't even do this," he paused,"you did."

**Jakes POV**

I waited anxiously outside the emergency room for someone to tell me how she was doing. Everything had happened so quickly that the whole thing seemed so surreal.

All I remember is Sarah yelling at me then somehow the entire dinning room was wrecked and Sarah was laying unconscious in the middle of the rubble.

She was immediately rushed to our personal E.R., and now I'm currently stuck outside waiting for some kind of answer.

It was weird because it almost feels like I can feel her pain, her fear, which only sent me into more of a nervous wreck. Why couldn't they let me in? Shes my mate for Christ sake! I needed her. Now.

"Jake?," the doctor asks, as he removes his gloves and sets down his clipboard. He took the seat next to me and starred intently at me for a moment before I spoke up.

"Well are you going to tell me what's going on or what!" I shouted impatiently, rather loudly.

"Jake, I have worked for your family for many years now so there's no point in trying to lie to you or sugar coat anything so I'm going to give it to you straight," he paused before continuing,"We ran multiple test and have tried everything in our power to try to revive her from this 'state' she's currently in. From what it looks like she was sent into a very serious comma that can only be made possible by a very serious blow to the brain, and with the multiple bruisings all over her body are only assumption can be that it was caused by someone deliberately trying to hurt her."

"So your telling me she's in a comma because someone beat her?" I lash out. I could feel myself becoming more and more angry by the moment. The sheer thought of anyone laying their hands on Sarah sent me into a raging fury.

"Who did it?" I spit.

"Well you see, that's why I wanted to talk to you. You were the only who was in that room with her, the doors were even locked. If anyone were to know,it would be you," he said almost in a accusing matter.

"Are you implying that I did this to her?!"I shout. How dare he even think that I would do something like that to her! I could feel my fangs dig into my lower lip as the doctor interrupted.

"Of course not, what we're thinking is that you're physical and mental body might have been.. Manipulated. Thus causing you to have no control of yourself whatsoever which explains your memory loss of the event," he explained.

I knew the moment he said I had been manipulated that this could only be the doings of Waker Clan.

The Waker clan is basically like the resistants of the vampire world, lead by the biggest doucher to ever walk this earth, Tony. The only reason we haven't been able to take them down is that Tony is very good at what he does. He recruits the vampires with the most prestigious of gifts, such as teleportation, mind reading, and body manipulation.

What worried me the most though is he always got what he wanted and would stop and nothing to get it. But what could he possibly want with Sarah? He obviously knew something that I didn't which frustrated me even more.

"I need to see her," I demand.

He thought for a moment before answering,"Shes right through those doors."

Before he could even finish I was standing on the edge of her hospital bed. I could feel my heart practically fall out of my chest at the sight of her.

She must have been hooked up to over four machines. Her body was battered with all sorts of bruises and there was a painful looking gash on her cheek bone. I couldn't even imagine what kind of pain she was in because it is very very hard to hurt a vampire so this was pretty serious.

I slowly walked over to her side and pulled up a chair so I could sit next to her. I carefully took hold of her hand and kissed it.

"I'm so sorry, Sarah. This is all my fault," I stammer,"I know I screwed up time after time but I promise the minute you wake up things will be different. All I need you to do is wake up."

A silence drew in the room, the only sound being the monitors working to keep her alive.

"P-please Sarah! I need y-you,"I stutter as my voice quavered. I could feel the tears beginning to form. Never would I thought that I would shed a tear over a girl but this one is different. I wouldn't not be able to carry on with out her. She has brought a new light to my life that I never imagined possible.

**Sarah POV**

I opened my eyes to see that I was in some sort of bedroom. The walls were painted a deep black and any window had been covered by scarlet red curtains. I went to get up only to be pulled back directly were I was. I looked to see that I had been handcuffed to the bed post, restraining me of making movements of any kind.

"Help!," I scream, hoping for some sort of assistance. It was then i began to question what even happening. How did I even manage to get her in the first place?

Before I could even have time to think a dark figure walked into the room. It wasn't until he was standing directly in front of me that I was able to clearly identify him.

"Tony, why are you doing this to me? I don't even know who you are!"

"But you see, I know who you are, I also know what you're capable of. You have the ability that no other vampire in existence has ever had and I'm very intent on using it," he spoke with almost a seductive tone.

"I don't know what your talking about and I don't plan on staying long enough to hear about"I paused before shouting again" Someone! Please! Help!"

Tony began to laugh maniacally before grinning at me,"No one is coming to help. No one can come to help! Your not even awake right now."

"What do you mean by I'm not awake?"

"I have you in an unconscious state, so in reality your probably knocked out cold, but her i have full control of you. I can make you see, hear, and even. feel what I want. Now listen, in a moment I'm going to allow you to wake up, but before I do I want you to know that I will be watching."

I starred at him as thing started to blur, but before I went totally unconscious I managed to catch the final thing he said.

"See you soon."

********************************

I slowly grazed my open. It took a moment for my sight to adjust, but as it did the items around me became more familiar. Soon it became obvious that I was in a hospital. Once that became known was when the pain started to set in. I could feel the needles jabbed into my skin, the deep bruises and a horrible pain in my left cheek.

It was then that there was something that felt good. I looked to my right to see Jake gripping my hand tightly as he was fast asleep.

I shook his hand in attempt to wake him. I could see him slowly starting to awaken so I quickly shut my eyes to make it look like I was still unconscious.

I could hear him mumble to himself as he finally awoke. I felt him let go of my hand as I heard his footsteps near the door.

"What? No good-bye?," I smile as I opened my eyes and sat up.

**Jakes POV**

I slowly started to wake up. I looked up only to see that she was in the same state in which I left her.

A little part of me expected her to be awake by now but knowing how severe this was I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

I stood up to go see if the doctors had figured anything else out, but just as I was about to reach the doors a voice from behind me spoke up.

"What? No good-bye?"

No way. It couldn't be. I quickly turned around to see a smiling and awake Sarah.

Before I could even think of words to say I practically jumped to her side and crashed my lips onto hers.

Never had anything felt so right. Ever. I couldn't stop myself. Her lips were so warm and with every touch I began to get more and more into.

It wasn't until she stopped me before I realized how here's things had got.

Her smile turned into a much more serious expression before looking me dead in the eye, "Jake, we need to talk."