Chapter 37 ~ If You See Kay & Forgiveness

~read the 17th entry in Kay's Diaries before this chapter~

      We leave tomorrow but I can’t board that plane until I speak to Kay. I’ve been preparing for all these past few days and I know exactly what I’m going to do. The lads and girls are supporting me, telling that they are proud of me for doing this and they are cheering for me. I have great friends, I’ll never finish apologising for the things I made them go through, but I’ll be around just to make up for the pain in the arse I was for so many months.

Harry helps me by asking Grimmy Kay’s address when I can’t remember exactly how to get to her place —turns out I have horrible sense of direction, that’s why I always get lost— so when I’m ready, I go to her building. It’s a nice place, quite posh, though. Grimmy told Harry that Kay’s parents have loads of money and that was one of the reasons people were so jealous of her in school. This flat was Kay’s father’s gif when she graduated from high school.

I still have so much to learn about Kay and I’m eager to ask her everything. I want to know it all.

I have everything I need and when I’m at her door, I knock. I came before, but she wasn’t in the building so this is my second time trying. I had to bribe the caretaker to let me in without telling her. The lads gave me many advices and I keep them all with me. I know she is inside, the caretaker told me so —by the way he is a nice man, he just asked me for tickets for her daughters—, but even when I knock many times, she doesn’t open the door.

“Kay, I know you’re in there! Open the door,” I call out loud so she can hear me.

“Go away, Louis. We don’t have anything to talk about,” she replies and I smile. She is at the other side, probably with her hands on the door, watching me through the peephole. I feel immediately better knowing she is near and I can’t stop smiling. There’s only the door between us, and a few issues I’ll fix right now.

“Not until you hear me out! I have many things to say,” I state stubbornly. After all, that’s my trait. “Look, I’m really sorry I realised everything so late, but I came here to show you I’m better. You can trust me! I’m dealing with all my shit like a normal human being!”

She doesn’t reply and I take a deep breath.

“Open the door, Kay. Please, let’s talk this.” Again, she doesn’t say anything. “I won’t leave until you open that door and hear what I have to say.”

“Then you’ll die there!” she spats and I chuckle.

She is perfect for me, so stubborn and a feisty, and sassy. Seriously, it’s like she was made to be my perfect match.

“Open the door and I show the video of me dancing hula with a coconut bra!” I try bribing her. Yeah, I lost the bet with Moni so I had to dance with the skirt and the bra in Savannah’s video.

Humiliation level: Moni’s prank.

She doesn’t say anything, but I hear her chuckling and I take that as a good sign. One way to show her I’m better is by making her laugh. I never made her laugh before and she has a beautiful laughter.

“I’m not joking, I did that. I lost a bet with Moni and you don’t mess with that brunette. It’s gonna be on YouTube soon, but I can show it to you first if you open the door.” Still nothing. “Okay.”

The lads have told me that serenates are the craic —Niall said that—, and maybe with that I can touch her heart and get her to open the door. Yeah, I kind of knew she wasn’t going to just open the door and let me tell her all the things I’ve done. I know my little Kay, she is as stubborn as myself. If she had opened the door just like that she wouldn’t be my beautiful Kay.