Chapter One

"Jacob, please take a seat, we have something to tell you." Jacob, Son of Alaric and Teresa Perez complied and made himself comfortable in the plush arm chair.

His parents had been discussing a lot of stuff in hushed voices lately and even during dinner, he would see them give each other heated looks. He didn't don't know what for though, which made him more nervous now but he didn't ask for fear of being rebuked if what they were talking about didn't concern him in any way. His reasoning was, if they wanted to tell him, they would, if not then he shouldn't care. But deep down he did.

So, now he was looking at them expectantly, eyebrows raised. His dad finally sighed and gave in. "You're getting married to Chresanto Auguste, crowned Prince of Mavior." He said looking uncertain.

He didn't know what the uncertainty was for because he honestly didn't mind being married to a guy. He was a closet case soon to be open so there was no problem with that plus, Chresanto wasn't a bad looking man, not to mention the crush he'd had on him since he had figured out he had no fondness for the opposite gender. And it's not like he'd told his parents about him being gay. I guess now is as good a time as any.

He sighed and decided to just get on with it."Is this a bad time to tell you about my sexuality?" He asked bluntly and they looked at him in confusion."I'm gay." He told them linking his fingers behind his head and leaning back in the huge comfy chair. Realisation soon sunk in and they blinked.

"You are?" His father asked stupidly and he just nodded. His parents looked at each other then let out the breath they'd been holding in relief.

"Oh, thank goodness!" His mum breathed and slumped in her chair while his father relaxed from his stiff position too.

"So you don't mind that you're getting married to a man?" His father asked just to clarify.

"Nope." He replied popping the 'p' and released another breath.

"You do know that he's a dhampir, right?" His mother looked anxious at this which made his lips quirk in a smirk.

"Yes, and I also know that he'll be drinking from me." They looked surprised that he knew about feeding habits between a mated pair where one person was half vampire while the other was human.

"Very well then. Hurry up and get ready because you'll be leaving for his castle in exactly two hours." His father instructed then stood up and held his hand out for his mother to help her up. She kissed her only son's forehead and father ruffled his hair before they left him to get ready.

After he was dressed and ready to go he was escorted to the black Mercedes CLA 45 parked outside by his driver and soon were on their way to meet his future husband for the first time.

The mere thought that he would soon be married to Chresanto Auguste, esteemed bachelor that couldn't keep a partner for more than a week filled him with both excitement and dread.

¥°¥°¥

"Chresanto, you're getting married." His father stated from his position on the throne and it took him a moment to take in just what the man had said but when he did all he could think was 'what the fuck?'. He looked at his dad in complete and utter shock.

"I'm sorry, what?" He managed to choke out, eyes wide in disbelief.

"You're getting married. And you'll be meeting your betrothed in an hour." The King straightened and propped his elbows on the arms of the throne.

"But, I don't even know who I'm getting married to!" His son protested in a vain attempt to weasel himself out of the situation as he always manages to do but it wouldn't work this time. Not with something as important as the completion of a peace treaty that if not signed threatened the lives of his people. The King would make sure of it.

"That's the point of arranged marriages. You're a prince Chresanto, you're supposed to act as expected of you. Everything you do affects the kingdom. Now, go get ready, your betrothed will be here soon." He said and waved his hand in a clear dismissal.

Chresanto hissed and glared at him, not that he paid it any mind, and translocated to his room which is a form of transport similar to teleporting that vampires and dhampirs alike were able to do with the only difference between them being the action in itself. With translocation, you have to picture the place you want to be in your mind and hold the picture, you'll turn into a vapour like substance that disperse within seconds. It's kind of like morphing into a different form before you appear in the place you want to be.

First, his girlfriend leaves him for Issa, his all time nemesis because according to her he was an arrogant, cold-hearted, selfish bastard. Heh, she wasn't that good in bed anyway. Second, his birthday was coming up in a few months and he'd be eighteen which meant that he'd have to start up his preparation for becoming king someday and he absolutely dreaded and hated it. As if that wasn't enough, now he's told that he will be getting married! He didn't even have a say in who it was!

"Stupid traditions and stupid hypocritical kings!" He muttered angrily as he washed up and got dressed. When he was finished combing through his admittedly short hair he flopped on his bed and sulked.

Was she even nice? Did he know her from somewhere? Was she pretty? Would he like her? Was she short? Or maybe too tall? What colour was her skin? Those were only some of the questions racing through his mind at the moment.

He sighed in resignation because he knew his dad well enough to know that he would get his way and there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn't very well disobey his father who was also the King that could disown and banish him with the mere snap of his fingers.

He stood up and smoothed out the non-existent wrinkles in the slacks he was wearing as he walked over to the thermoelectric wine cooler he had plugged in his room but instead of wine, it had blood bags in it. He pulled out a bag of blood from the stack and smirked when his fangs slid down instinctively. Being half vampire meant that he still needed to consume blood at least once a day for his body to function properly.

No sooner had he finished his drink and chucked the empty bag in the bin stationed in the corner of his room than his personal guard, who also happened to be his bestfriend, Craig, knocked and entered his room to inform him that the guest had arrived.

"Fantastic." He said dryly and Craig gave a short laugh as they made their way down the stairs.

"It's not as bad as you think." It's much worse. Craig left that part to himself as he patted the prince's back.

When the dual reached the bottom of the stairs, voices drifted out from the closed doors of the throne room. Assuming that's where his 'guest' was, Craig opened the doors and Chresanto stepped through with his bestfriend trailing after him and stopping by the closed doors while he proceeded to the three thrones that sat atop a raised pedestal.

When he entered the room he expected to see a very ugly girl with spots littered all over her face and large crooked teeth or something. Okay, so maybe that might've been an exaggeration but what he saw made him halt in his steps because, no, just no.

What he saw was worse than an ugly girl with an acne covered face and ugly teeth. Much, much worse because the guest that he was going to be getting married to was a freaking DUDE!