Chapter Five

When Jacob reached the bottom of the staircase, he pondered on which direction to go in. To the left of him was a wide hallway that seemed endless. He looked to the right and was met with the same sight. Wide hall with brightly lit marble floor, courtesy of the chandeliers hanging in the arched ceiling.

          "Innie minnie miney mo catch a ba- oh forget it! I'm going left." He muttered to himself and made his way in that direction.

          The first room he came to was open wide, and he remembered it as the ballroom. It looked different without the beautiful decorations of the previous night. How the staff had managed to clean up all the mess was a mystery to him. Oh wait, not. It was a houseful of vampires he was now living in and he was going to have to get used to all the weirdness that was surely to happen in his presence.

          The next room was partially open and not as large or as big as the   ones he'd seen ever and at first glance he thought it was empty but then  he saw the most beautiful grand piano. It was a rich dark brown colour polished to perfection and it sat in front of the floor to ceiling glass windows at his right and further into the room. When he saw the instrument, it reminded him of his own much simpler piano at home.

          His shoes made soft muffled sounds as he padded across the room. He sat down on the chair by the piano and opened the case protecting the keys. He ran the pads of his fingers across the keys and relished in the sound the piano made. It was finely tuned and Jacob could tell that it was well looked after.

          He sighed and gazed out into the morning sunshine at the view outside of the windows. The birds were chirping happily, the sky was a clear blue but Jãcob couldn't bring himself to feel happy. Not after what had transpired the night before.

          He sighed again and settled down to play one of his favourite songs. He had learned to play this particular song on the piano and the noted weren't as easy as they would've been with a guitar. He didn't know how to play that instrument though, so he had taught himself.

          He pressed his fingers down on the familiar pattern by now and began to sing. His voice wasn't all that good but it wasn't horrible either. "Am I just a fool..." He began and got lost in the notes. His eyes were closed as he enjoyed one of his favourite hobbies. Singing.

          "-the one came to take claim of this heart 
          cold hearted shame you'll remain just a frame in the dark
          And now the people, the people are talking
          the people are saying that
          you have been playing my heart like a
          Grand Piano

          The song was called Grand Piano and it was by one of his all time favourite artist as well. Jacob like the song because it spoke to him. He could feel the emotions throughout the artists' voice as she sang and damn, if that wasn't a sorrowful tune then he didn't even want to know what she'd gone through.

          He was in the process of beginning a different melody when a throat cleared. Jacob startled, his fingers slipping and hitting a multitude of disjointed noted that hurt his ears and almost toppled off the padded bench. He turned his head in the direction the sound had come from which was the still open door and cursed at his forgetfulness. He should've closed the door when he entered.

          The last person he wanted to see at the moment was the very one that was standing in front of him. His husband. The word left a bad taste in his mouth.

          Prince Chresanto sauntered into the from and shut the door behind him, leaning on it. "You know, your... singing woke up everyone in the castle. You weren't half as bad, of course, the sound of claws being dragged down a chalk board isn't half as bad either. Guess you can relate though, huh." Okay, ouch. That hurt.

          Jacob was dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say or how to act with his now husband when the man was this cruel to him. "Um..."

          "What, cat got your tongue?" The prince asked and burst out laughing at his own joke. He stopped and strode forward to stand in front of Jacob.

          Jacob tensed as Prince Chresanto stooped to lean down and look into his eyes. "How do you do, husband mine? Your arse okay?" He asked. When Jacob didn't reply and instead turned his face away from him, the prince got angry. He gripped Jacobs jaw with his right hand and squeezed tightly. His eyes were spitting fire as Jacob met his husbands' gaze and was transfixed. The man still looked good even though he was mean.

          "You look at me when I'm talking to you, got it?" Prince Chresanto said lowly and that tone scared Jacob more than anything. He had to remember that the prince was a dhampir and was far stronger than he was. Jacob nodded weakly. His cheeks were definitely going to bruise. "Good. Glad we're on the same page. Now, why don't you be a good little slave and go get me something to eat." Jacob flinched at the derogatory term and scrambled up from the bench be was still seated on. There was no way in he'll he was getting that beast anything.

          "Get it yourself." He mumbled and hurried in a fast pace to the door. He knew that the prince was faster than he was and could beat him to the door if he so chose but all he did was chuckle as he straightened.

          When Jacob was out the door he breathed a sigh of relief and left that hall. There was no way he was changing running into his cruel husband again.

          Prince Chresanto on the other hand, laughed out loud in delight. Oh, his little spitfire had a back bone. Man, he was going to enjoy watching him break to the point that he was unfixable.

          The malicious laughter echoed down and around the left wing old the castle loudly. It sent shivers of terror down the backs of those near and they prayed for whoever it was directed at.

a/n: Don't you just hate it when people say 'defiantly' instead of saying 'definitely' while writing stories? I mean, I know I'm not that great of a writer but come on! It just drives me nuts when authors do that.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a little rant there. I just had to get my point across, you know. I was nearly bursting at the seams.

So, you likey? If you do

*Vote*
*Comment*
And so on and so forth

Love ya, see ya, byeee! [Btw, got that from my favourite YouTube gay couple, Ethan Hethcote and Mark Miller! They are just so cute! Sometimes, that's code for all day, on the weekend, I binge on their videos and watch them over and over again.]

Right, I'll be on my way now. Deuces!

Oh! I forgot to ask earlier, whose you're favourite actor, mine's got to be Vin Diesel. That man is awesome, hot, cool, did I say hot already? And damn, he can drive. Those skills! Aah!

Who watches NCIS?

Okay, leaving now.