Chapter One - The Unexpected Guest

Another year of summer camp. I could not wait until I turned eighteen and be too 'old' to even go. I like the camp, my friends, my counselors. Summer camp was worth doing something than nothing. For two months I would be stuck in an area of thick pine trees and other trees, like poison ivies that I tend to fall unto, thanks to my clumsy self. Nor would I be able to even text or call or even browse the web due to the trees causing it to have a 'no signal zone'. I was known to beat anybody's record to come here every summer for the past ten years.

My father parked to the front of the camp office and quickly popped the trunk to help me with my things. Although a rather swift yet sneaky person beat me to the back known as my brother, Hunter. Hunter, could care less about my things. His things were in the back of the back and mines was closer towards the front of the trunk. So, what would he do to get his things? Scrummage to find his and throw mines outside.

Sarcastically, "Thanks." I said while picking my bag on the ground.

Whenever my parents dropped us off, it also happened to be the time of the year where they would have a serious meeting to attend to. And every year, the events vary to our dad's parents dying to mom's looking a job to relocate us, blah, blah, blah. I think they're just trying to get rid of us.

"Got everything?" Dad asked coming out the car.

"Yes." My brother and I answered in unison.

"Make sure you don't forget something. Your father and I are going to a far place this year." My mother said while also coming out of the car. They left us and went to visit the staffs of the camp whom they were very close friends.

My brother and I looked at each other then walked off to find our counselors.

"Angel! It's nice to see you this year."

"I'm here every year since the last decade, Anne."

"Don't be a grump. Every year is better then the last." She said.

My mind flash-backed to some unlikely things that happens to me during summer camp.

"I beg to differ." I said.

"Meet the group." She said while moving away from my view to see the girls in my group.

None of them was probably younger than fifteen and the majority was wearing booty shorts. They sure are gonna love the mosquitoes.

I was sad that my closest friend here didn't come this year. I really thought she was going to visit for one last time.

"Lizzy's not coming this year?"

Anne shook her head, "No, her parents sent her to boarding school."

"Damn. And I thought I was screwed."

"You'll make some new friends." She said in an encouraging tone.

"Alright Campers! Listen up!" Anne lead off, "We are going to go to the cabin and drop off your things and after that, we'll hike around the hill. Angel here," She said referring to me, "will guide you and is your night owl."

"Welcome campers. Follow me please." I said nicely.

The girls flicked their hair then picked up their luggages on the ground. I wonder if any of them had even been to a camp. Better take care of those nails, cause there's not a nearby manicure here.

Before we even go to the cabin itself, the girls were already frustrated from the distance between the camp office and the cabin.

"I so cannot wait to get out of here." One of them said to another that I happened to hear.