Chapter 15

Chapter 15 ~ Guilt

''Hey, how's Nova doing?'' Scott nudged Stiles out of his daydreams- day terrors would be a better word for them actually. During the entire first period Stiles had been hearing her voice, he had imagined her scars and wounds. Everything that had happened came back to him like strange visions.

Stiles sighed deeply, rubbed his flat hand over his face. The bags beneath his eyes were huge, the frown on his face went along with his exhausted look perfectly well. ''Not so good.'' He replied shortly, trying to delay the explanation he would have to give Scott soon enough.

''What do you mean?'' Scott questioned confused, ''Stiles!''

The pale kid looked up, barely any hint of emotion sparkled in his eyes, ''She's not doing very well, alright?'' He replied, hoping Scott would just leave it at that. Stiles couldn't have his best friend angry at him. That would only cause Stiles to feel more guilty.

''Stiles.. What did you do?'' Scott talked slowly, leaving breaks in-between the words. They arrived at the locker room of the boys and right away Scott stopped Stiles from walking away from him. ''What happened to her? Stiles!'' Scott screamed, demanding an answer.

Stiles couldn't take it. He threw his hands in the air and turned to his friend, ''She's in a coma, Scott! I hit her with my stupid baseball bat and now she is in a coma!'' He screamed frustrated and searched for a reaction in the eyes of Scott. It wasn't hard to see the anger and disappointment in Scott's brown eyes.

''You hit her with your wooden baseball bat?!'' Scott yelled in reply as Stiles' screams still echoed through the room.

Stiles glared frustrated at Scott. ''She jumped through my window- And I didn't even know it was her back then. Do you think I would have hit her if I knew it was her? What if it was the freaking Alpha werewolf jumping through my window?! Huh? What else do you expect me to do? Invite the anonymous person who creeps outside of my window at 2 in for coffee? Dude, I can't protect myself the way you can. Okay?!''

He breathed heavily and rushed himself to the sink. Splashing water in his face, he tried to breath but it was hard. He continued splashing water at himself and continued to breath heavily. He needed to relax, take a deep breath and just calm down- But it was incredibly hard and his lungs would only resist the oxygen Stiles would breath in.

''Are you okay?'' Scott sounded so much more concerned and less angry. He understood now that it freaked Stiles out just as bad. Scott should have known how devastated his friend was about this all- Stiles practically adored Nova. He'd never do anything to hurt her on purpose.

Stiles didn't dare to look up at Scott. ''A coma, Scott.'' He whispered as he slowly gained control over his breath again, ''People die in comas. They either end up being mentally and physically disabled, or they die.'' He murmured and a rush of possible happenings slithered through his mind.

''People also wake up and are perfectly fine afterwards, Stiles.'' Scott reminded him, but Stiles didn't want to get his hopes off. He didn't even believe Scott.

''That only happens in dreams.'' He replied stubborn. He could practically feel how it felt when he was slamming his bat around in the air. And when he hit something all of a sudden.

''Well, sometimes people say all dreams come true.''

''Yeah, but those people always forget that night terrors are also dreams.''

Scott knew that cheering up Stiles was hard, but it shouldn't be impossible. At least Scott had managed to calm Stiles down. That was something to be grateful for at least. Stiles took a deep breath and looked around at his friend. He forced his sadness to minimalize and make place for curiosity.