Before He Cheats - Chapter 11

Chapter 11

All six of us sat around our small kitchen table eating the sushi Grayson had ordered an hour ago in silence. Of course there was a lot of good food left from this morning but the unwanted guest, whose name I found out was Victoria, refused to eat it. None of us said anything for a while and I don’t think I’ve ever more awkward than during that dinner. The whole thing was definitely not a great idea.

I looked at Ashton, who sat on my right. The poor guy looked really uncomfortable. I placed my hand on top of the one he has on the table to reassure him. He lifted his head and looked at me, giving me a soft smile. He took my hand in his, rubbing his thumb along my own.

“So,” Grayson began from the other side of the table. “Ashton how long have you been dating my ex-girlfriend?” He asked nonchalantly, but I didn’t miss the glare he sent my way.

“Just a couple of days,” I answered quickly.

“Is your name Ashton?” Grayson snapped. I was tempted to give him the finger but in the end decided against it.

Ash squeezed my hand and gave me a quick wink and a smile, before opening his mouth to speak. “Yes, we’ve been dating only for a little while but if I have to be honest, I think that when I first met her it was love at first sight,” he confessed, looking into my eyes.

I gave him a beaming smile, surprised at how honest he sounded and turned to look back at Grayson. His eyes were narrowed and his lips were pressed into a thin line. He was obviously annoyed at Ashton’s statement and that made me smile on the inside.

I looked back at Ash and I have no idea what made me do my next action but before I knew it my lips were pressed against his soft ones. It only took Ash a second to realize what was happening after which he began to move his lips gently against mine. The kiss felt really good. The passion I felt when I used to kiss Grayson wasn’t there, but it was still very pleasant.

 When we pulled apart Ash looked stunned and when he looked around his whole face flushed. All four pair of eyes were on us it and made me feel a little uncomfortable, too. Holly and Brandon were both smiling, Victoria’s face was unreadable and Grayson’s face was actually green. It looked like he was pissed off and jealous. That confused me because it made no sense.

 If he didn’t want to see me with another guy, then he shouldn’t have slept with a bunch of girls. Well, at least he knows how I felt when I saw him exchange spit with someone else.  I gave him a fake smile and turned back to Ashton who, to my surprise, pulled me closer to him and kissed my cheek. 

“Awwe,” Holly cooed, grinning at us. “You guys are too cute.”  

I grinned back at her and in that moment a loud moan escaped from Victoria’s mouth. We all turned our eyes to her and what I saw made me want to throw up.

Her mouth was open, her eyes were tightly shut and her whole back was arched backwards. Grayson was practically glued to her side. He was looking directly at me and his mouth was curved into a malicious smile. His whole arm was under the table and that’s how I understood what he was doing. He was obviously playing with Victoria and neither one of them felt embarrassed about it. I was absolutely flabbergasted. How was he capable of such a thing in front of four other people?