Before He Cheats - chapter 3

Chapter 3

I stared at Grayson for a moment before slamming the door in his face. 

What the hell was he doing here? I thought I had made it pretty clear that we were over and that I didn’t want to see him. Ever. Again.

He knocked at the door again, adamant, but I ignored him. I sat on my lovely, new black couch and began to flip through a magazine, trying to keep my mind off the adulterer standing in front of my apartment. The knocking turned into banging, however, and he started yelling at me from outside.

“Rhiannon, open the door!” he bellowed.

“No!” I yelled back without taking my eyes off my magazine.

“Open it or I’m going to break it down!” He demanded, prompting me to jump off the couch immediately. He was officially angry, and I knew that if I didn’t get to the door soon, it was probably a safe bet that he had the physical strength to bust himself in.

I opened the door, cautiously, but he pushed past me and walked into my apartment dragging a large black suitcase behind him.

“Take your shoes off!” I shouted when I saw him stepping on the carpet. He rolled his eyes at me but slid them off and kicked them back towards the door.

“And what exactly do you think you’re doing?” I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest, trying my best to look confidently annoyed. I motioned towards the suitcase that was now laid in front of his feet. “What’s that for?”

When I didn’t hear an answer I looked up, flinching at the sight of his cold glare. The way he used to look at me, even if it wasn’t completely true, was loving and warm. Now all I saw in his eyes was hatred.

“I’m moving in,” he said. I winced at his emotionless, authoritative voice. This was a side of Grayson that I had never seen before. To tell you the truth, it scared me to death. He turned around and started to walk towards my bedroom, dragging his huge suitcase behind him. I followed him indignantly and watched as he tossed the suitcase onto my bed. He unzipped it and began to pull clothes out, laying them on the duvet.

“What the hell, Grayson?” I shouted angrily as he piled up his clothes. He completely ignored me.

“Grayson!” I yelled so hard that my voice cracked, the second syllable coming out like a squeal.

He turned around and scowled at me. “I told you; I’m moving in with you. Get out and let me unpack.”

Hot anger coursed through my veins as he refocused his attention on his attempts to organize his wardrobe. How dare he tell me to get out of my own room?

“You are not moving into my house, Grayson.” I hissed and stepped closer to him. “You’re not welcome here. I think you need to leave. Now.”

“I don’t think so,” he responded cockily. “You see, you don’t really have a choice.” He smirked menacingly at my confused expression.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, if you don’t let me live in here, I might just tell my dad what you did to my car.”

My heart dropped.

“And, as you well know, he most likely wouldn’t be very happy about that.” He was looking at me straight in the eyes and his evil grin only widened as my previously-confident face fell into a look of horror.

Why the hell didn’t I think of that before?

Grayson’s father was one of the most elite lawyers in the whole country, not to mention the fact that he has always hated my guts, mainly because he didn’t consider any female worthy of his “perfect” son. He thought I was only after him for his inheritance. If his dad found out about what I did to the precious car he bought Grayson for his birthday… let’s just say he wouldn’t rest until my life had been decimated.

I turned around and looked at Grayson. “And how long do you plan on blackmailing me, exactly?” I ask, trying to regain my composure.

“For as long as I please,” he answered with an almost amused tone.

“Well, just so you know, this is the only bedroom. And I am not going to share it with you,” I said.

“Don’t worry Rhiannon; I am going to be the only one sleeping in this room. You are going to sleep on the couch in the living room.” My hands clenched into fists as he said. I tried to restrain myself from punching him in the face

“This is my apartment,” I said through clenched teeth. A sudden wave of frustration and anger hit me; I felt like ripping his heart out of his chest and flinging it out the window.

“Not anymore. This is our apartment now, just like it was a couple of days ago. Now, get out of this room,” he commanded, his icy blue eyes staring into my dark brown ones. This time I didn’t flinch, instead meeting his intense gaze. Where was the sweet, loving guy I fell in love with, and who on earth was this cold monster?

I turned and started walking out of the bedroom, but stopped just before the door. I turned my head and glowered at Grayson through slit eyes, shaking my head angrily.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“Because you destroyed my car, and you deserve it.”

“We were even, Grayson,” I said, my lips tightening into a disgusted frown. “Now you’re just asking for it.”

And with that, I turned and left the room.

***************************************************************

Hello!

I'm sorry that this chapter wosn't so long but I hope you all liked reading it anyway and I'll try to make the next one longer.

I also want to say thank you to everybody who's reading my story. You guys are awesome

xoxo Yani