Chapter 5 - The Crush

The idea of befriending Dylan had been swarming inside my head since the victory party. So that was the reason why the rest of my weekend was all about coming up with a plan on how to be part of Harper's circle of peeps.

I was trying to be careful not to overdo it, or to make it look like I like him or something in the line of that.

I didn't have any plans on asking Ari or April about this, because knowing them, they will probably think that I like Dylan and that I might have developed some feelings for him over the weekend and now I want him as my boyfriend.

Yes, that's how their minds work. Assuming and exaggerated.

So with that, I consulted Google about it, even youtube and pinterest! I kept on searching for steps on how to be friends with a guy - more like a complicated, unpredictable guy.

Truthfully speaking, I didn't have any problem about this before. I could easily strike up a conversation with guys; just mention something about sports, food, or videogames that would definitely do the trick. But then I wasn't sure why it makes talking to Dylan so much harder than the others.

Sure a single convo had been thrown a few days back, but it's more of a bullying, not a conversation.

I gave up on Google and all those Internet crap and decided to just go for the classic moves.

What classic moves? The slowly but surely.

Weekend rolled in so fast and just like that it's already Monday.

Good thing was, Dylan and I share classes so I didn't have a hard time on the finding him part.

I started off by greeting him with a simple good morning when I took the seat next to him. I didn't wait for his reply. I didn't even allow him to think that he was special amongst the others so I greeted whoever I landed my eyes on.

Yeah, it looks a bit like I was running a campaign for president or whatever.

Next class was when I whispered to Dylan's direction and asked him what today's date was. I couldn't forget the perplexed look that he gave me at that moment. For a second there I thought that he was going to bully me again or answer something sarcastic, but the good thing was, he just answered my question like a normal person would do.

Civil and straight to the point.

So far, so good. It looks like he was in a good mood today. And it seems like he didn't suspect a thing.

Now that I established a small foundation to our upcoming friendship, I've decided to move a little bit faster and finally strike a small conversation with him.

And of course to finally put a test on my Daniel's Jealousy Theory.

So here's the plan...

First, I'm going to appear friendly in front of Dylan. Put a smile on my face, greet him with enthusiasm and ask him a simple question and make sure to make him answer it without sarcasm.

Second, by lunchtime, I'm going to approach him by the locker and ask him about the upcoming match. Try to make a joke, make him laugh—even though bullying me would be part of it, walk with him inside the cafeteria and make sure that Daniel was looking before bidding Dylan a cheery goodbye.

And if, third, Daniel approaches me and asks me again about my relationship with Dylan, well that's where I prove my theory.

I'm being crazy again. But then being crazy is part of being infatuated or being in love. It's very normal to people like me. When we're in love or have a crush, we tend to do crazy stuff just to get a single attention from that special someone.