Chapter 45 - She's Finally Here

The room is bright when I open my eyes. The sun seeps through the curtains blinding me as I lay tangled in the sheets. I feel Q's arm on my naked torso as he pulls me closer to him so my back touches his chest. His face nuzzles deep into my neck as he breathes in. 

"Morning," he says forming a smile. I turn around so I'm facing him and plant a soft kiss on his jawbone. 

"Morning," I smile back. "I had a great time last night."

"So did I," he gives me a kiss and pulls me into him again.

"I just wanna stay in bed all day," I exhale. I open my eyes to see Q smirking at me.

"Really? 'Cause I can arrange that," he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Q!" I squeal as he attacks me with his lips. He continues to kiss me down my neck rolling me over so I'm underneath him making me giggle uncontrollably. 

It doesn't take long for things to heat up.

When we're about to take it a step further, the phone begins to ring. Q groans but rolls over grabbing the phone off the bedside table.

"Hello?" he answered before rolling over and continuing to peck my lips. 

"Joe?" he suddenly stops. "You okay?" A look of concern crosses my face as he sits up. "Okay we'll be there as soon as possible." Q hangs up and sets the phone down.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I ask frantically. 

"That was Joe. Bessy's in labor." My eyes go wide and I jump out of bed searching for my clothes. I slip my dress on quickly and grab my shoes as Q runs around the room in a rush.

"I'm gonna run across the street and change into something a little more... appropriate. Go get ready and start the car." He nods with a panicked look in his eyes. "Q, calm down it's not like it's your baby," I say sarcastically.

"I know, I know," he runs his hand through his hair. "It's just.. wow it's crazy, you know?" I walk up to him and pace a soft kiss to his lips.

"I know." I rub my thumb across his bottom lip. "Go start the car, I'll be there in a minute." H e simply nods and I take that as my queue to exit the bedroom and make my way back to my house.

I find simple - and appropriate - clothes and quickly slip them on before heading towards the car while tying up my hair. Q's parked outside of my house with the car running. I hop in and we speed off to the hospital.

We're the last ones to get there as we see everyone crowded around Joe in the waiting room. We jog towards him and enter the circle created around him.

"Joe!" I say and hug him. "How are you? How's Bessy?"

"Good. We're good. It's going pretty quickly actually. The doctors said it won't be too long from now," he responds rather calmly.

"That's great!" 

"How you feeling?" Q asks.

"Kind of nervous but overall, I'm excited. I'm about to become a father, guys," he responds with the biggest smile on his face.

"And Bessy?" I ask.

"She's doing well. Would you like to see her?" I nod my head and follow Q to her room. We find her room and Joe pokes his head in the door.

"We've got visitors," he says before opening the door all the way allowing us to enter.

"Hey, Bess!" I say walking into the room.

"Michaela!" she exclaims with a grin on her face. I walk over to the side of her bed and sit on the chair located next to it.

"How you feeling?" I ask.