Gone Girl

I was reading a book I brought called, The Fifth Wave

I was reading a book I brought called, The Fifth Wave. I watched the movie with my hometown friends a few weeks before I came here. Nick Robinson was so hot in that movie.

"Stamps, postcards, the last shreds of my self-respect!" I heard Emma call out. I looked up from my book and saw Emma walking up to the group of campers around me. I closed my book and walked up to Emma with Zuri and Jorge.

"I'll take two shreds," Jorge told her. I rolled my eyes, playfully at the boy. I looked over at Emma and saw she also rolled her eyes. "Why are all you CITs selling stuff?" Zuri asked.

"Gladys is making us. Apparently varicose vein removal is not cheap." Emma answered her little sister. I mentally threw up. Her legs disgust me a lot. I don't get why she still wears shorts though.

"I like her legs. They remind me of a New York City subway map." Zuri announced. I took a tiny step away from her. "Trust me, after a few more days, you're gonna hate seeing her legs... everyday," I told her.

"Candy here! Get your delectable, sugary treats!" We heard Ravi shout. We all turned around and saw Ravi on a bicycle with a wagon of candy.

"And speaking of delectable, notice how my rump is rocking these bike shorts." Ravi said, smiling brightly showing us his... butt. "Your geek is on fleek." Zuri pointed out. I nodded in agreement.

"Campers! Big announcement, so stop what you're doing!" Gladys shouted into her megaphone, walking up to us. All the campers, including us, walked up to her and formed a circle.

"Last night I was stood up for a date." Gladys began. Totally not a shocker. My only question is, who even asked her out? Wait, was it that candy delivery man?

"How can a pint of ice cream and a George Clooney movie stand you up?" Emma whispered to Lou and I. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"It was Serge, the candy delivery man." Gladys told us. Well, Serge is a very desperate man. I once saw him making out with a leave. It was extremely disturbing.

"Sheesh, you post bail for a guy, and he doesn't even take you to dinner?" Emma asked. "Been there, done that," Lou said. I patted her on her back.

"Since Serge is not returning my calls, texts, or banging on his front door, I have decided to punish him by no longer ordering candy for the camp!" Gladys told us. I gasped and dropped my book. "What?!" I shouted. The whole camp, including me began to complain.

"Whoa, whoa!" Jorge shouted, causing all of us to shut up, "Why do we all have to suffer just because you're hideous and no one wants to date you?!" Gladys gave him a look. "Let me rephrase that." Jorge said.

"Too late, you're going in the hole!" Gladys shouted. Jorge jumped behind Xander. "Don't worry, it's more comfortable than the bunks." Xander informed his camper.