Chapter 7 - Revelations

This chapter skips to the morning after. If you are interested into the steamy details - you are welcome to read the Xrated (for now) version of the events. I'm not sure if it is PG13 or Restricted material, so I error on the side of caution. You can find the eddited chapters in a Xrated book on my profile - you have to be a fan to read!

Which cover is your favorite? Just comment here with 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 . Thanks!

Chapter 7 - Revelations

Marcus

He woke up content but alone. He reached over to her side of the bed, only to discover that she was not there. The sheets were cold and her scent was vague at best. He quickly sat up on the bed and looked around. Was it morning already? He rubbed his eyes and now noticed the drapes over the windows and the stubborn ray of light which was making its way towards the bed. Marcus quickly determined that that was the reason why he woke up.

He followed the coffee scent which brought him to the kitchen. Everything was too quiet for his taste and for a while he contemplated on the idea that he might have snucked out in the middle of the night to avoid the dreaded "morning after" routine. His heightened senses picked up noise from the couch and he found her in the little living room reading. He moved and childishly flopped on the sofa next to her. She looked at him with amusement plastered on her face.

"You deserted me for this?" Marcus tried to convey hurt though his voice, but he couldn't stay angry to her for too long. She giggled at his theatrical pout.

"I still need to graduate" said before giving him a pecked kissed him. "Last night was amazing. Thank you, tiger!".

"Wrong species" Marcus growled disapprovingly and acted offended which made her grin wider. "If it was that good, then maybe next time you won't sneak out of my bed".

She laughed louder this time. Where was he getting all these crazy ideas? "My bed"?! As if it was his. Nessa shook her head and moved her hand through his hair. "Technically, the bed is mine". She tugged at his hair as he begun kissing her again, effectively distracting her.

"So there will be a next time?" Marcus smirk was plastered on his face. She brushed her nose against his and winked at him, which caused him to chuckle.

"Hopefully" she muttered and kissed him again. She knew he caught her eyes roaming over his body. But it was hardly her fault. He was parading with those abs that simply demanded attention all by themselves. Nessa blushed.

"All yours" he chuckled as if reading her mind. She snuggled closer to him, moving her hand to his cheek, gently patting it. She could feel the stubble on his cheek. For once hair did not put her off or made her scream bloody murder.

"I would love to stay and play, but I need to get ready and go out soon" – Nessa concluded looking at the space in front of her.

"Why?" he shot back at her.

"I have a date with Cam" said Nessa and as his expression darkened. She elaborated "Not a date-date. More like a meeting with Cameron. He's the Beta?!" She half-explained, half-asked him. He continued starring at her. Since when was his Beta on nicknames with her? "I'm having some friends over next weekend. He has to grand them a stay. Oh, technically the Alpha has to, but I really don't think we'd bother him with that. My girls possess risk only to their credit cards..." Nessa giggled and then patted him on his shoulder "So how formal are things in the pack?" He raised his eyebrow at her. "Oh, come on. You would know. Tell me" pleaded Nessa while she was still playing with the ends of his hair.

"How formal were they with Brandon?"

"I don't know. I never really had reasons to ask such questions" she stated. "So are you an Enforcer or something?" he raised his eyebrow at her. She smiled and ran her finger over it. "I saw the scars on your back."