Chapter Nine - Into the closet

Niall

”Pleeeease, Niall? Don’t ruin all the fun, come on!”

“I really don’t feel like it, Lou… I’ve got a headache and…”

“No excuses. I’m going to keep calling you until you say yes, and I don’t care about the phone bill. We miss you, Blondie! Haven’t seen you in two weeks!”

I sighed. Louis was throwing a party for New Year’s Eve, which I was hoping to skip. Apparently, he wasn’t gonna let me.

“Nialler, come on, it’s not the same without you. And I’ve got you on speaker, so everyone can hear what a party pooper you are.”

“Who’s everyone?”

That earned a big HI NIALL through the speaker, and I recognized Liam, Harry and Lou Teasdale among the voices, but there were many more. I groaned.

“Well thanks, Lou. Seems like I don’t have a choice. Give me fifteen minutes, I’ll be there.” I hung up before anyone answered, groaned again, and went to get changed.

I was pretty sure Zayn was gonna be there, and that was the main reason I didn’t want to go; I didn’t feel ready to face him yet, not after that goddamn movie night. This was going to be a hell of an awkward night, I could feel it. And a whole Christmas of crying and feeling sorry for myself had completely drained me for energy. Maybe I could sleep through the whole of 2013.

I got ready, let out a last, frustrated groan, and dragged myself out of the front door.

Zayn

Perrie looked absolutely stunning tonight. Her purple hair was pulled into an elegant top with a silver hair band, and she was wearing a cute, white dress that showed of her amazing curves – and on top of that, she had borrowed my black leather jacket, to edge it all up.

She wrapped her arm around my waist, and in that second Niall came in. And in that second, I felt everything I should have felt when I looked at Perrie. He looked pale and tired, but his eyes were still shining. God, I needed something to take my mind of him. I bent down and gave Perrie a gentle, slow kiss. When I looked up again, he was gone.

The place was crowded with people, and I only knew about half of them. Nick Grimshaw were the DJ, and there were both celebrities and some of Louis’ friends from Doncaster dancing around in his apartment. Perrie were shining, and she even dragged me out on the dance floor and made me dance, too.

Of course, half of my attention was on Niall. And every time I saw him, I lost my breath, and then I turned my attention to Perrie – kissed her, hugged her, held her – to take my mind of him. Everytime I looked up, he was gone, but I couldn’t help noticing he got paler and paler every time he turned up.

“I’ll get us something to drink, okay?” I said into Perrie’s ear. She nodded. As I made my way through the crowd, someone grabbed me, and two seconds later, I was pushed into a corner with Liam’s angry eyes staring at me.

“Fix it,” he said, loud so I could hear him over the music.

“Huh?”

“You know what I mean. I have seen the way you look at him, and I have seen the way he  looks at you. It’s not the way you look at her.”

“I don’t kow what you’re talki-“

”Of course you are, you idiot. We heard your little conversation in the kitchen at the movie night.  And Niall is pale as a ghost, I mean, if he continues like this I can soon see through him. And we don’t fricking give a shit if you’re gay, you’re still our brothers, and we love you. So go and fix it.”  And with that, Liam disappeared into the crowd.

Niall

Enough. This was enough. I wasn’t staying one more second. I could feel the jealousy and the loneliness twist in my stomach, and I was dizzy and nauseous.

I walked towards the door, but before I got there, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a closet.

It was barely room for two people in here, and I could feel the other person’s breath against my forehead. I looked up, and into a pair of dark, desperate eyes. Then, Zayn bent down, cupped my cheek in his hand and kissed me deeply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry it took such a long time, I've been in Italy for a holiday. But here it is, hope you liked it! So what do you think happens next? How do you feel about what Liam did? Come on guys! :DDD