Chapter Two - Wiping Tears

The next weeks, Zayn's dreams kept coming back, each as confusing as the last one. Niall kept showing up in his Perrie-dreams, whether they were kissing, holding hands, or just simply talking. Zayn struggled with guilt, because he stilled really loved Perrie. Mostly, though, he was massively confused. He had never really felt these feelings for a guy, and definitely not for a mate, like Niall. But the weeks went buy, and slowly, the dreams disappeared, and the feelings sort of faded. Anyways, they were touring the US, and so much else was going on.

One evening however, in a hotel room, something happened that brought all of those feelings back.

They were getting ready for bed, changing to their PJs and brushing their teeth in the small, crowded bathroom. "LOUIS THAT'S MY TOOTHBRUSH!!!" Harry screamed, making Liam and Zayn jump. "What?" Louis said innocently, but with a huge, mischievous grin on his face. "I didn't know," he laughed, giving it back to Harry. Zayn laughed, and pushed his way through the other lads to the sink.

Their hotel room had two bedrooms, each with two beds in it, and one extra bed in the living room. "I wanna sleep in the biggest bedroom!" Harry screamed. "Okay, then how about you share that with Lou, and me and Zayn takes the other room? Fine with you, Nialler?" Liam asked.

No answer.

"Nialler? Is that okay?"

Still no answer. Liam went looking for him, thinking he might have fallen asleep somewhere, but he couldn't find him. He came back to the bathroom with a worried look on his face. "Lads, Niall isn't here."

"He's probably just gone outside to get something to eat from the bar," Louis laughed. "No, he's not," Liam replied. "His shoes are here, and he had changed to his PJs." "Well, he must have gone outside. It's not like he has just vanished, now has he?" Louis smiled.

Something was wrong. Very wrong. Zayn could feel it with every inch of his body. His heart was racing furiously. If anything had happened to the little one, he really did not know what to do.

They all ran out of the bathroom, looking into every room, but without finding him. Harry ran out to look for him in the hallway.

That's when Zayn's eyes fell at the door that led out to the little balcony. He opened it, hoping he wouldn't be spotted by any screaming fans. "Nialler?" he asked. He didn't get a response, but when he looked out, he saw him. He was sitting at the other part of the balcony, on the ground, leaning into the wall. He had pulled his knees to his chest to lean his head against them, his arms wrapped around his chest. His cellphone was lying on the ground beside him. Zayn could hear tiny sobs coming from Niall's chest. "What are you doing here? You'll be cold!" Zayn whispered. The weather was chilly, and tiny drops of water were dripping from the sky. Niall didn't answer, but kept sobbing.

Zayn went inside to get a blanket, and to tell the others about Niall. 

"Maybe we shouldn't all go and talk to him at once...?" Liam said, unsure. Louis nodded, and went out to look for Harry.

"Tell us what's wrong, will ya?" 

Zayn wrapped the blanket carefully across Niall's shoulders. It was so painful to watch him like this, each sob felt like someone was stabbing an icicle through Zayn's stomach. Liam had this worried look on his face, where his eyebrows were turned upside-down. He carefully moved his hand up and down Niall's spine, trying to calm him down.

Zayn didn't really know what to do, he just carefully stroked Niall's arm. "Nialler, please?"

Eventually, the two older boys figured they should get inside, so Liam simply lifted Niall up into Zayn's arms, who carried him inside and put him onto the living room bed.

Finally, Niall managed to say something. "thanks", he sobbed, his Irish accent making it sound like "tanks".

"I - I ... I'm fine, it's nothing, really..." he stuttered. 

"We all know that's not true, Nialler," Liam smiled. "You couldn't stop crying. Please tell us?" 

"O-okay... But I haven't told anyone before..."

Niall stared into Zayn's dark, worried eyes as he started his story.

------------------------------

A/N: So, this was a bit shorter than I had planned for this chapter, but I figured I'd post half now and half later, instead of spending a lot of time on a reeeally long one, if it makes sence...

I'm kind of overwhelmed by the amount of reads it gets, I would never have expected that! So THANK YOOUUUU TO EVERY SINGLE ONE WHO READS, VOTES AND COMMENTS- I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!! I'm flabbergasted (that's a word, isn't it?) Anyways, THANK YOU!!

- Goldielocker