Chapter 43: Falling

The faster we're falling,
We're stopping and stalling.
We're running in circles again
Just as things we're looking up
You said it wasn't good enough.
But still we're trying one more time.

-In Too Deep by Sum 41

--

The dreaded weekend came sooner than Lena hoped. She was actually wishing for Lacey to cancel, na sana may biglaang taping o photoshoot ito, but Lacey was absolutely free that weekend. It's as if it's the universe is saying that it's time. It's time for her to finally find closure and move on from the past. Whether it would be with Cyrus or Martin, she doesn't know. She might end up alone after this. Probably, with a broken heart and a ruined relationship with her three companions.

She doesn't want to put them through this, but for once, she wanted to do something she's scared of, for herself.

Lacey was so happy to see her. It's been a while since they last saw each other. Katatapos lamang kasi nitong mag-taping para sa movie nito na ipapalabas sa MMFF. She has a month off, before the press conference and the endless promotions. Within that vacation, Lacey was planning on going somewhere far with Martin for her birthday. Uuwi lang ito bago mag-Pasko, para sa movie nito na kasama sila sa opening night, at sa birthday naman ng daddy niya sa 27th.

After that, Lacey will be touring Europe with some of her co-stars (and with Martin), diretso na rin bakasyon. Baka summer na ang uwi nito. Masyadong in-demand ang kapatid niya para magbakasyon nang matagal. Next year kasi, may bago na naman itong teleserye.

"I never thought the day will come that we'd double date!" Lacey exclaimed. Kumapit ito sa braso niya habang inaasikaso nina Martin at Cyrus ang tutulugan nila. The staffs of the inn were already flocking around them, cameras on hand. Lacey smiled sweetly, but didn't let her go. Tuloy, nakakasama siya sa picture.

Nang makuha ng dalawang lalaki ang susi ng mga kwarto ay umalis na sila sa lobby. They put their things inside their rooms. She'll be sleeping with Lacey habang ang dalawa namang lalaki ang magkasama sa katabing kwarto. Lacey and Martin cannot sleep in the same room, daddy's rule. Since wala si Ramona, siya ang tatabi sa kapatid.

If her dad only knew about her and Cyrus, he'll probably force her ass back home.

She sat on the bed to rest. Tinabihan siya ni Lacey at niyakap.

"I missed you."

"I missed you, too," she told her sister. "How's work?"

"Ugh. Stressful as always! Ang laki na nga ng eye bags ko, o!" sumbong nito, pointing at her invisible eye bags. Kung puyat o stressed man si Lacey, ang galing magtago ng katawan nito ng ebidensya.

"Ang ganda mo namang ma-stress. Sana ganyan din ako," biro niya.

Lacey laughed. "Ang blooming mo nga, Ate, e. At mukhang tumataba ka."

"Everyone keeps saying that!" she complained.

Lacey gave her a knowing smile. "Hiyang sa 'yo si Cyrus."

She didn't comment on that. And she was glad she didn't, because Cyrus suddenly peered on the doorway.

"Baka raw gusto nyong mag-lunch."

Lacey got off the bed, pulling her up in the process. "Let's go! I'm starving!"

--

Lena's three companions carried the conversation. Her only contributions were grunts, and nods and shakes of her head. Bukod sa hindi naman talaga siya madaldal ay masarap ang pagkaing nakahanda. Steamed crabs, sinigang na hipon, lechong kawali at laing ang mga ulam. Tapos ay may mga hinog na mangga at saging pa bilang dessert.