~RaNt~

This doesn't relate to the story directly but it it something that i feel non-horsey people should know. Our horses are our therapists, best friends, someone we confide EVERYTHING in. We won't take them for granted. So when an ignorant person says something like "your horse is so ugly" "he's useless" "it's just a horse" etc. It hurts us. Try to have at least a bit of empathy as these so called "useless" animals have helped us through the worst of times. I can't begin to describe the stories iv'e read about horses helping people with mental and physical illnesses, i won't even go on about the programs horses take part in for therapy. They are like our children. They are spoiled, loved and important to us. That is why normal people can't stand us when we constantly talk about horses or horse stuff. It's our lives. We have sacrificed our time, sweat, blood, occasional bruises and broken bones to accomplish whatever goals we have so you can't just say to someone "your life isn't as good as___" or "it's not important" because it's not the same as yours. Everyone is different but every person has a weak spot, unfortunately for most of us it's horses and using that against us is low. Whether it's a friend, family member of a complete stranger, calling horse riding or horses a bad name hurts us. Lots of horsey people put up with this because it's their best friend that's saying it or they don't want to hurt them. Well if they're hurting you, do something about it. It doesn't take much to step out of that friendship, i live in a boarding school and i could still do that. Even if they are the only friends that you know, you wont be alone. Horses are there for everything and everyone, if your friends can't understand that, they're not your friends. Your happiness is your priority and responsibility, don't let people abuse that.