6.2

HOLY SHIT WE ARE RANKED #15 ON FANFICTION NOW THIS IS TOO MUCH ITS TOO MUCH TOO MUUUUUUCH!!!!!

a/n: This is like the smallest chapter of the book. Read it and then tell me: should I double update?

*Luke's P.O.V*
Laurel keeps mad at me for three days.

Seriously.

Can you imagine staying at someone's house when they are pissed at you and their parents are there as well?

It's embarrassing.

I tried everything, I swear. I sang Laurel's favorite songs, cooked for her, bought sunflowers, told jokes, EVERYTHING.

But Laurel can be extremely stubborn when she wants. I know I screwed up, that's what I always do. However, I didn't intend on hurting her or anything like that, it was legit preoccupation; Amanda's words are running through my mind all the time. I know how it feels like to be trapped by those guys, I don't want the same fate to her, she doesn't deserve it.

"Luke?" Charlie calls, interrupting my thoughts. "I just checked on Laurel, she's asleep. I'd like to have a word with you, if that's okay."

I gulp, feeling my heart racing.

"Yeah, sure" I reply.

Charlie sits by the counter in front of me, clasping his hands on top of it.

"She's a special being, you know" Charlie looks down, smiling. "My Lore-el. I remember when she was young, she wanted so much to have siblings! Unfortunately Rachel was afraid of having another child, she had two miscarriages before Lore-el."

"She told me that" I mumble. "I'm so sorry"

Charlie raises his eyebrows.

"Hm, that's something. She never told it to anyone. My daughter trusts you a lot then."

I smile and he does the same.

"Anyway; Rachel would sometimes cry over the babies we could have had and Lore-el would simply hug her tight... at the age of five! She has always been ambitious; this was actually one of her dreams back when she was still a teenager. I wanted her to be a country singer, but she said she wanted to help people."

Charlie chuckles. I feel so happy that he's sharing it all with me.

"She always expects the best of people, which ends up hurting her most of the time. However she's not known for having many boyfriends; actually I'm pretty sure she had only one before you."

I clench my jaw. That Sean motherfucker.

"Maybe I'm guilty, I mean, she's my daughter. But I ensure you, Luke, that she is one of a kind. You'll never get bored; she's beautiful, funny, patient, kind; she's very smart and determined, whereas she's also way too dreamy, sadly"

I furrow my eyebrows.

"Sir?"

"I'm sure you are everything she's ever dreamed of and she loves you deeply; I can tell. But a relationship like yours is almost unimaginable, you guys have completely different lives." He explains. "All I want to ask you, Luke, is that if you think it won't work out, don't fool her. I like you a lot, you seem to take good care of my little princess. But if you ever need to break her heart... do it carefully."

Charlie's eyes are teary. I honestly don't know how to respond to him. I don't have to, though, because he goes on.

"She's gold, son. She really is. Please do whatever you need to do to protect her. I trust you with this task. Can I count on you?"

"Of course, Charlie" I respond after a couple moments in silence. "I love Laurel, I'll never let anyone or anything hurt her."

My heart aches when I remember that she's actually laying down with a big cut in her stomach; perhaps if I was here that wouldn't have happened.

Charlie smiles, gently patting my back.

"That's all I ask of you. I think we are going to get along."

He leaves the kitchen and I'm left there alone with my thoughts. I consider everything he said.

Laurel really is gold. She changed me a lot and I could never stand seeing her hurt, specially if it was because of me.

Which is why Amanda's words are even more intense on my mind right now. Whether Laurel likes it or not I'm going to protect her.

Even if it means giving up on a lot of things.

---------------
Sooo, I was thinking... a lot of books have a characters ask and I'd love to be one of them! What do you think? Would it be a good idea? I asked if before but I want to know again lol

Same deal, vote, share and comment if you like it! Stay beautiful 💗 xo