1.0

*Luke's P.O.V*
Dude, I love How I Met Your Mother!

Laurel brings us this big bowl of popcorn and I feel like eating it all, but my conscience tells me to be polite and wait a few moments to fill my hands. Michael doesn't do the same though, less than a minute after she left it there he's got his mouth completely full.

"Thanks for making popcorn, Laurel." He says, chewing.

"My pleasure. I can make more if you want to." She says, and I notice something different in her voice.

When I look at Laurel, she's hugging her own legs, curling herself like a ball, and her eyes are teary. I know something happened but now it's not the right time to ask her about it; not with A here. Even so, I find it impossible to pay attention to the show after realizing my favorite host has something bugging her. I feel like standing up and carrying her away so she could tell me what's going on; I'm sure it's Austin. However, there's nothing I can do right now, so I just keep on glancing at her from time to time to make sure she doesn't get worse.

After we watch three episodes, A yawns and asks us to leave, and even though we don't want to go, Michael and I agree it's about time since Laurel needs to wake up early tomorrow. She takes us to the door and A passes by her without saying a word, but Laurel doesn't seem to mind.

"I'm so happy you guys are here." She says excited, trying to hide her real mood status.

"We're happy to see you too." Michael says, hugging her.

"Call us tomorrow when you're free so we can hang out again." I tell her, looking deep into her hazel, and now afflicted, eyes.

"I surely will" She smiles at me, nodding.

A suddenly comes back from the end of the hallway and grabs my arm.

"Hanging out again tomorrow? When are we gonna do something just me and you, Lukey?" She pouts.

I glance at Michael and he's rolling his eyes. I look at Laurel and she's staring at the ground, visibly disturbed.

"Some time A, but Michael and I came here to see Laurel." I tell A, looking at Laurel. She looks up at me with puppy eyes, and I can't help but feel the left corner of my mouth lifting up a bit, curving into a smile.

We say goodbye to Laurel again and drive back to our hotel. Michael and I talk the whole way about how funny Laurel's face was when we surprised her and that there is something different with her, even though she is as pretty as always. A remains quiet just to storm around me when we get to our room.

"I didn't know your friend was a girl!" She spits.

"Does that matter?" I roll my eyes. "She's a friend. Period."

"Luke! Did you see the way she looked at me?"

"You didn't make the nicest impression, let's be honest."

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm trying to show some stupid fan that you've got a girlfriend!"

When she says that I turn around and glare at her. She's way too full of herself.

"Listen up, Amanda, and listen carefully." I huff. "You are not my girlfriend anymore, and you better be nicer to my friends and fans. Don't forget why we broke up in the first place!"

"Then why am I here, Luke?" She strikes a pose the way she always does when we're having an argument. "I'm not a toy you can drop whenever you want to!"