Eyes on me

JJ’s point of view

Chapter five

“What did you just said?” – I asked the guy in front of me

“I think you heard me, sexy” – he paused – “Don’t play hard to get, I know you would love to drive my ride any day”

“Keep dreaming” – I muttered bitterly

“I will” – he paused – “just as long as you appear on my dreams.”

“Ugh, fuck off perv; I’m here to race, so stop trying hitting on me.”

“I wasn’t even trying because if I was, you wouldn't be able to resist me” - he paused cockily – “I thought this was an only pro’s race and you’re . . .”

“What? A woman?” – I said offended – “For your information rookie, I am pro and I’m first spot in here.”

“We’ll see about that …”

“Yeah, you’ll see, because I’m seeing that price over there” – I said pointing at the trophy – “and my eyes like what they see. And what I see and like, I want and get, got it?” – I said leaving him with an amused looked on his eyes

Why did I come here? Maybe I was wrong, I shouldn’t had come, all I will do is blow off steam, and that’s good, but not it the way I will do it because probably I will want to go faster and faster and something might gone wrong and I could be involved in an accident, a series of events purely coincidental that can cause …

“Hey!” – He said calling me but I keep walking – “Why “Deus ex Machina” is written at the back of your jacket?” – He asked shouting

“Because I am what that means.”

“Please may all racers line up in their own lane” – said the girl at the speaker

I follow the orders and started directing me on my motorbike to lane 8, because that was my lucky lane and my lucky number. When I was on the way to my lane, an arm stopped me. I brushed it off and left to go to my lane. There was this strange rider next to my lane, in lane 7; who also had his jacket customized. It had these weird symbols like a logo that spell “Ανδρέας.” I didn’t know what it meant, so I just kept frowning at the guy’s jacket until the race was about to start.

The girl was in position, so I prepared myself for the ride. “3, 2, 1, Go.”

And just like that everyone storm off. I, of course was leading the race. Not to be cocky, but well yeah, I’m good at this.

This race was different though; cuz the guy with the weird symbols at his jacket was good at this too. This track was different too, which make it harder, but at the end of the race I won by seconds to the guy in lane 7.

When he took off his helmet, I recognized him as the perv who was talking to me earlier.

“Do you understand now what does my jacket means?”

“No, but I saw you looking at my jacket, and now I’m guessing you’re intrigued too” – he said with a smirk on his face – “so let’s switch info”

“Ok, mine is in French” – I said flatly

“Care to elaborate?” – He said in a teasing tone

“It means Goddess of the machines”

“Do you consider yourself that good?”

“I know I am, and now you do to” – I said cockily – “Now tell me, what’s yours?”