Wanna ride my ride?

Noah’s Point of view

Chapter six

I had just finished talking with Cameron about what I owe to the Corso dei Mille Familia and after he left, Austin comes out and starts talking to me. 

“What was all that about Noah?” – asks Austin surprised

“Austin” – I say contemptuously – “How long have you been here”

“Long enough. I thought you had already paid all your debts” 

“Not yet and it’s not your business, so stay out.”

"I’m just concern about you, why do you always think the worst of me?”

“May be all you’ve done” – I say contemptuously again.

“The problem wasn’t even with you” – Austin says contemptuously – “And we have solved our differences so you stay out”

“What do you mean?” – I ask puzzle

“Jessie forgave me, didn’t you know?” – He says smirking.

“What?” – I ask both puzzled and embittered.

Jessie couldn’t have forgiven Austin, could she? I mean, not after the whole accident two years ago. Austin was nothing but a jerk to her, and I’ve always been there. I mean I’ve been distant with her lately, but it’s for her own safety.

 “What do you mean she forgive you?”

“As you just said, she forgives me.”

“But, out of nowhere, she just said I forgive you Austin

“Not quite.”

“Care to elaborate” – I say frustrated

He sighs – “We were partner up in the history assignment on Monday, the day you weren’t there because you just felt like ditching school the first days. Anyways, earlier that day we talked a little, so I guess that touched her heart, I don’t know, I apologized and she forgave me.”

“What makes you think this apology isn’t the type of forgiveness you had for the last two years?” – I say smirking this time

“Well it has been two years since everything happen” – he shrugs – “I guess the wound has healed and she wants to put a Band-Aid on it.”

“Really now? And, do you think you deserve it?” – I say coldly.

“I honestly don’t”

“And then?”

"I just want another chance; show her I won’t hurt her again, ever.”

“And what makes you think she will believe that? Or trust you again?”

"Well she has already trust me when she accepted my apology and I think she will believe me, once I have her trust again” – he says confident.

“You know it will take a lot of work for that to happen.”

"She’s worth it Noah” – he pauses – “Besides, while you let her go, I’ll be there to hold her,  just like you were two years ago” – he pauses again – “Remember that?” – He says bitterly walking away and leaving me alone.

“She is worth it” – I whisper to myself.

Am I really letting her slip out of my hands that easily? Even, hurting her maybe?

Yes, but I’m just trying to do what’s best for her, I don’t want to leave her and let Austin take her away from me, heck, I don’t want to leave her and let someone else take her away from me.