Chapter 1

💫Chapter 1: Current Events💫

~Zelda, the Princess of Hyrule, awoke early in the morning, as the rays of bright sunlight shone through her tall, clear windows. It was a very nice day. The skies were a deep azure blue, and small, white clouds dotted the endless space here and there. On days like this, the temperature was balmy and the breezes were cool.

It was during the middle of the week, and she had an important charity auction to attend at the Bazaar later this afternoon. They were auctioning off more than a dozen crowns, beautiful, ornately decorated and bejeweled ones, which were originally crafted over a hundred years ago, by the Happy Mask Salesman's predecessors. Zelda had never seen or worn any of them, but her father was allowing her to be present for the auction, and she was thoroughly excited to be on the attending list. The crowns were priceless artifacts, highly valuable, though, and it was for a great cause: the Youth Hyrule Castle Town Music School. It would allow Human, Kokiri, Zora, and Goron races to learn music, together. They needed funds to build it, behind Hyrule Castle.

It was something Zelda was now passionate about: music. Ever since Link had returned the Ocarina of Time to her after saving Hyrule from the evil Gerudo-Thief Ganondorf, and had even taught her every song he knew, she'd begun playing it daily, writing new songs that she in turn would play for the children of Hyrule, no matter their race. She actually wanted to work as a music teacher, if her father would permit such a thing. Her mother encouraged her music, was proud of it even.

Several well-known artisans and a few wealthy museum curators were coming to Hyrule from beyond the furthest reaches of her father's kingdom, to bid on the various crowns.

Zelda went into her bathing pool, and cleansed herself thoroughly. After drying off, and putting on her undergarments, she dressed in a pale pink gown, with a modest neckline. It was elegant, beautiful, and felt very light. The material felt natural, allowed her to breathe without restrictions, and was gentle against her skin. She put on a soft pair of shoes, fashioned from the smoothest black velvet.

She smiled, lazily stretching as she woke up fully. She'd slept well, and felt refreshed, ready for her day.

It had been five years since Link had defeated Ganondorf, and the Temple of Time had been closed. No more evil had touched the peaceful kingdom of Hyrule.

Zelda was grateful to have Link as her friend. When he'd returned from the future, the evil having been vanquished thanks to the Tri-Force, the Master Sword, and her gift to him, the Ocarina of Time, they'd started talking almost everyday. It was a relief to know that Link wasn't a Kokiri. She'd have hated to grow up whilst he remained but a boy. His fairy, Navi, always was with him, wherever he went. Zelda loved talking with her, too.

Now, both Zelda and Link, are seventeen-years-old. Their story starts here.~