Sins of The Blood

As midnight came,
he named every
star in the sky
after her.

-Anonymous

*****

Penance must be made.

Wrongs need righted.

Redemption.

The child desires a connection. They yearn for belonging and unwavering acceptance. The unconditional love of a parent roots that child to their center of being; grounds them into past, present, and future. Without it, they wander through this life and the next; searching for the purpose and answer that evades them.

It's a constant repetition, only broken by those strong enough to step out of the vicious cycle, in demand of a different destiny.
****

They walk the skies, bringing balance when the scale of the Universe favors a force long past expiration.

There must be balance.

Light cannot matter without darkness;
The power of darkness no longer as ominous without light.

*****

She was coming; but not alone.

Kylo Ren's chest felt weighted with premonitions. It brought emotions bleeding into the surface- causing sensations that he thought he cauterized. His mind was in turmoil over the presence of his mother, knowing that her fate was decided in his loyalty. She would never side with their forces. She had come for him and nothing else; her fate already sealed before the ultimatum given.
He would have to make a choice as well, and his stomach twisted with the inevitable.
Snoke would demand his compliance, and Ren was unsure if he had the will, let alone obedience to do what was required. The moral ambiguity was fueling a fire that needed squelching; quickly.

On the other hand, the looming promise of his uncle and new apprentice's arrival set him on edge. His temple began throbbing from the habitual grinding of his teeth; a stress-induced response. He wanted nothing more than to strike down the man that radically oppressed him in his youth-to make him see the error in his determined shaping of Ben's future. His future was Kylo Ren's eternity, and he was God.

His former master would know what it felt like to have his fate chosen for him-and finally feel the crushing and suffocating sensation of becoming insensate. He wanted to kill Luke Skywalker with his bare hands, and watch the way his pupils dilated and his sclera hemorrhaged as all signs of life were lost.
Snoke had other plans for the Jedi; so Ren further strangled the already catatonic Ben Solo.

His temper flared at the thought of Rey naively following her mentor to such a place.

Stupid girl.

Ren wanted nothing more than to make her his; to have her share in the dark kingdom that was his inheritance-the reward for the dark campaign.
She would illuminate the pitch in him-casting a glow into the shadowy recesses of his soul. He could taste the darkness in her light... Feel the energy and exorbitance of her power seething underneath her mien.
Snoke would feel it too.

A dying creature will thirst for life.

You should have never brought her here, Skywalker.

His feet moved of their own accord, carrying him to a reluctant reunion. He counted the breaths he took, steadying the rhythm of his lungs; quieting the thoughts of his mind before rounding the corner to the holding cell corridor. Two of his knights stood on either side of the door, their figures solid and stoic as sculpted granite. Neither flinched nor spoke as he paused at the entryway; deciding whether or not he should order them to fetch Leia Organa, instead of him.