Chapter 4

"Good morning." I said, walking into the kitchen on this fine day.

"Good morning, love." Dad said, kissing my forehead and walking over to the fridge.

I took a seat at the table, and Uncle Harry came over and gave me a plate. I thanked him, and started eating.

I pulled out my phone and went onto Instagram. I looked at the comments for the post I posted about an hour ago.

Okay, so it's not exactly morning. It's like, morning-afternoon. It's 11. Which feels like morning but-

You know what, never mind.

'Nerd.'

'You're so ugly.'

'Your name doesn't even fit your looks.'

'I agree^ or your personality.'

'Eleanor is a name for a pretty, fancy girl.'

Fancy? Wow, I didn't know that. The only time my Dad is fancy is if it's an awards show or something.

It's just a name.

You know what, I'm going to prove them all wrong. I'm going to prove that my name does fit me.

I'm not that bad looking. I at least look decent. I mean, come on. My Mom was gorgeous, and my Dad was the same.

That sounded weirder than intended..

"Can I go shopping today?" I asked, looking up at Dad. He had a odd face on.

"By yourself?" Dad asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said.

"I don't know if I want you there by yourself." Dad said. I sighed.

"Fine. Can I go with Scar?" I asked. He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"I guess. But I want your phone volume all the way up, and if I call or text I want a response within five minutes. Okay?" Dad said.

"Okay." I said, making a face. He's never been like that before.

I put my plate in the sink and ran upstairs to get my shoes. And call Scar.

From Scar:

Here! xx

I went downstairs and went to the kitchen to say goodbye. I was about to run out the door when I forgot the most important thing.

"Daaaad!" I yelled. He came by the door and gave me a questioning look.

"Yes?" He asked.

"I may need a little amount of money.." I said. He sighed but pulled out his wallet.

"Here." He said, handing me some cash.

"Thank you. I'll bring change.. Maybe." I said, winking and laughing. He laughed but waved goodbye.

"Ready?" Scar asked as I got into the passenger seat of her car.

Scar is 16. I guess I forgot to mention that she has her license.

"Yup. Off to the mall!" I yelled. She laughed and started driving.

***

"I'm so tired." I said as I plopped down on a chair in the mall.

So far, I've gotten everything I need. Makeup, new clothes, hair products, and more.

"You ready to go?" Scar asked. I nodded and we headed to her car. I put my bags in the backseat and she put hers in the trunk.