Distracted

In the days that follow, you try your best to act normal, with varied results. Your grades are completely unaffected, but you zone off more during Karasuma's class. Karasuma has asked several times if you were feeling well, but you always tell him you're fine. You continue to read fanfiction on Wattpad, albeit less enthusiastically. You even manage to continue talking to people like you normally do.

Well, with the exception of Karma.

The plan originally was to confront him about Miyo's diary, but the second you opened your mouth to say something, you became scared of his answer. Why would he have it? What if he denied having it? What if Gakushuu lied?

You were unsure, and that left you unable to look Karma in the eye. Karma noticed that right away, but after several attempts at getting you to talk to him, he decided it was best to let you figure it out on your own.

Even now, days later, you can't keep your mind off of it. You wait for your turn to attack Karasuma during your training, though you'd been training rather half-heartedly. But your thoughts are interrupted when a shocked Nagisa is thrown in front of your feet.

Karasuma runs to him. "Nagisa, are you okay?" he asks, worried. "Sorry, that block was a little over the top."

"Don't worry," Nagisa says, rubbing the back of his head. "I'm fine." You and Karasuma help him up, making sure he's as fine as he says he is. You take a look at Karasuma, who looks confused and concerned.

"What happened?" you ask Maehara after Karasuma walked back to the front of the field.

"You mean you didn't see that?" he asks. "Nagisa almost knifed Karasuma. He just got closer to hitting him than even Karma has."

That's a surprise. Cuddly little Nagisa, more deadly than Karma? Maybe when Hell freezes over. Actually – you look around – where is Karma?

Skipping, no doubt, you think. Karasuma dismisses the class, but as he returns to the school, a man appears.

He's rather large, and not in the height sense. He smiles brightly at Karasuma, but something seems off about him. It's not long before he approaches you and the other students.

"Hello!" he says loudly. "I'm Takaoka, and I'll be taking over as your PE teacher so that Karasuma can focus on his work!"

He acts friendly, but the look in his eyes makes you hesitate. He pulls out tons of high class desserts, which seems even more suspicious. Is he seriously trying to buy the class over with sweets?

Not that you're one to turn sweets down.

"You're like the class dad!" one of the girls says. You try not to choke on your food at the thought. You don't like how quickly the class is taking to Takaoka. But it's not like he's done anything to make you dislike him.

"Hey there," he says, looking at you. "What's your name? You look a bit down. Everything alright?"

You force a smile. "(Y/N) (L/N). I'm fine, just a bit tired." He gives you a slice of cake.

"Gotta get your glucose up, then!" You thank him, and then he brings the class over to start his training.

That puzzles you. Why start class after Karasuma just dismissed it? You shrug it off as Takaoka's excitement to start working with his new class. It's not the first time you've met a teacher that's overly excited about teaching, granted the other is a yellow octopus. But your opinion changes when he hands out your new schedule.

Maehara immediately protests, approaching Takaoka. "Training until nine?! We have to study, you know!"

Takaoka smiles at him, but not in his previous friendly manner. Grabbing Maehara, he gives him a knee to the gut and tosses him aside. Maehara coughs, gripping his stomach. A couple students run over to help him.