Chapter 1: An Explosive Tradition?

A/N: Hey guys! Here comes another the first chapter! I hoped you liked the intro, and I hope you'll read on to this new chapter. Are you excited as I am?  Because I'm freaking nervous as all hell...anyway, enjoy!

Kevin POV

*Dream*

I was just alone in the park back in Norwalk, sitting on the swing and wait for Steven to show up. When I was younger, Steven and I used to play around the park chasing each other, playing hide and seek, going on little adventures, and all the other stuff kids usually do, but now that I got a chance to come back, I haven't seen Steven anywhere. He always told me that whenever I come to the park, he would show up and hang out with me. I know it seems childish, but he always shows up, no matter what time it was. He would even show up at nights where I would be on a swing crying because I did something wrong. He would comfort me whenever I was sad, and he would try to make me smile. He always did. Now, I'm not so sure if he'll show up at all now. It's been eight years since I've been here and seen Steven, so I doubt he's even here. He might've moved to another place, just like me. Kinda wish he would show up though...

It's now almost midnight, and I'm still waiting for my best friend to show up and cheer me up like he always did. I know that shouldn't expect him to come. It's been a long while since I've seen him, and he probably doesn't remember me anymore. I wouldn't blame him though. I did leave him without saying goodbye. I just wish I could see him one last time, but that might not even happen anymore. "I might as well just leave. It's obvious that he doesn't remember me, so there was no reason he would show up," I thought as I get off the swing, but before I started to leave, a hand was on my shoulder.

"Hey, it's been a while man. How come you didn't say goodbye when you left?"

No way. This couldn't be. I can't be that lucky, can I?

"I told you. I would always show up when you come here," the boy says as he laughs. That laugh...so familiar...so warm...

*End Dream*

My eyes burst open as I hear what seems to be like a small explosion from downstairs. I check my phone to see that it's five in the freaking morning. Who in the hell is up at this ungodly hour!?  "What's going on now? It better not be what I think it is," I thought. I rub my eyes and stretched our my limbs to wake myself up more, so I'll be more aware just in case something happens to the house.

I head downstairs to see what seems like an aftermath of a pancake mix storm. Sigh, we just moved in a few days ago, and there's already a disaster in the house. I go inside the kitchen to see my black-haired, idiotic cousin covered in pancake mix. I don't know how he did, and frankly, I don't want to know. Curse his intense need to experiment.

"Paolo, we've only just settled down, and you already made a big mess. You do know that mom and dad are gonna be mad at you right? I'm not gonna be held responsible for your experiments again," I scolded at him as he licks himself clean. "You know that school's gonna start soon, right?"

"I know, I know," Paolo repiled, "It's just seems like I should've done this. Felt like tradition." Tradition? Oh jeez, why did my parents take you in...

"Look, just because you did the same thing in every place we've lived in doesn't mean you have to do this over and over again. Some of us try to live normal lives!" I silently shouted into his ear so my parents won't wake up.

"Alright, alright. I'll clean it up. Don't worry. I'll make sure to clean up my mess," he giggled.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go get ready for school. You should do the same after you're done cleaning this mess up and please just no more experiments, ok?" I pleaded.

"No promises," he taunted, "After all, it's all for the name of science!"

Oh god, what did I do to deserve this? You know what, I should probably just give up on making him stop. I should just live with it. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone, it should be fine, right?

I go back upstairs and grab some clothes to go and take a shower. I turn the hot water on and lose myself to the warmth of the water as I clean myself up. I just began to think about how this new school is gonna be like. What type of people will be in that school? Will I actually go and make friends with anyone? Doubt it. As I said before, I'm just concentrating on academics just so I could get closer to freedom, and maybe I could go back to Norwalk and see Steven again...

A/N: Alright, I hoped you enjoyed that. I just needed to introduce the OC in the story. Will probably go more in depth in his character in the next chapter as I introduce more people in the next chapter, and also, not every chapter will have a diary entry. It'll just be when I feel like there should be one. I hope you all stick around for the next chapter. Remember, any feedback is appriciated, positive or negative. I need to polish on my writing skills. Until then, I'll see you guys next time! BAI!!!