Fourteen | Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Fourteen
__________________________

"Rise and shine," Tyler's seductive voice sang.

"Fuck off," I muttered, pulling the blanket over my head.

I had just started dozing off when I heard his voice through the blanket, dangerously close to my face. "Come on, I have to drive you to school, unless you wanna skip with me?"

I was seriously tempted...my mattress being so soft and warm was both a blessing and a curse. I also had only been going to this school for a few weeks now, so I guess it'd be bad if I didn't show up.

I groaned, sitting up and glaring at him, "Fine."

He looked me over, but grimaced when he got to my face, "You look like hell."

My dark hair was matted and full of tangles that were going to be a bitch to get through; thank god for conditioner.

I must've made a face at the insult because he gave me an almost sheepish grin as I got out of bed. "The prettiest embodiment of hell that could exist, mind you."

"You say the sweetest things." I rolled my eyes, but I wasn't entirely unaffected by his words.

As I stood up in front of him, I blushed when I realized that my tank-top had ridden up, exposing my stomach.

He was staring at my stomach with a funny look on his face. "When did you get that?"

I looked down to where he was pointing. My bellybutton was pierced with a sliver bead on top, and a fake diamond on the bottom.

I yanked my shirt down, "Um, my ex boyfriend dared me to get it done one night."

A strange look crossed over his face, but soon changed back to his signature smirk. "Didn't take you as a girl that would be into piercings," he shrugged. "That's hot."

I laughed, halfway embarrassed by what he said, "Okay, just go. I'll be ready soon."

He exited my bedroom and I sat on my bed, letting out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding.

I traced my bellybutton with my index finger, remembering the night my boyfriend had dared me to get that. Just thinking about Cameron made my heart ache; he had completely made me fall for him, then only used me for sex.

I shook it off, and took deep breaths. Shoving all my sad memories aside, I got up and began to get ready for school.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I dressed in deep blue skinny jeans and the first shirt I could find, which happened to be gray and stretchy.

After getting dressed, I quickly slipped into my pair of black converse, brushed through my hair, and did my makeup. I chose to forgo eyeliner, sticking to mascara and some Chapstick.

I grabbed my bag and shuffled down the stairs, hurrying into the kitchen because we were running late.

A hint of loneliness crept upon me as i stood in the quiet kitchen; I definitely wasn't used to the silence. It felt very weird to not have Trent hogging all the cereal, and my mom yelling to hurry up.

I sighed but made myself snap out of it. They'd be back soon.

After eating a quick granola bar and chasing it down with a small glass of milk, I ran out front to where Tyler was already waiting.

I jumped into his already humming car and looked Tyler over. He was pulling out of the driveway, and his eyes were on the road, so he wouldn't notice me staring. He was wearing a black muscle tee with dark wash blue jeans. His brown hair was messy, yet sexy, and I had the urge to run my hands through it.