Eleven | Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Eleven
__________________________

"Ms. Blake...Lauren."

"Yes?" I snapped out of my zoned out state. Immediately, I felt several pairs of eyes directed at me.

"What type of narrator do we have in this story?" Mr. Fields stood at the front of the room with a smug smile on his face, assuming I wouldn't know.

I smirked and leaned back in my chair at ease, causing his eyes to narrow. "That would be an unreliable narrator."

He crossed his arms over his chest and nodded, not very enthusiastically.

I had made sure to read the first two chapters of the new story we are reading in class last night, so I wouldn't have to focus much today.
And no, I would never go as far as to call myself a "nerd", I just liked getting good grades.

I smiled at Mr. Fields until he broke our stare-off and decided to move on.

The rest of my morning classes went that way--me, struggling to stay focused due to the fact that I already knew what we were supposedly learning--and it wasn't until lunch that things got interesting.

"So, who's up for a little game of truth or dare?" Carly asked, winding a piece of her dark brown hair around her finger.

I immediately perked up; I happened to love this game. "I'm in!" I said.

Audrey and Lily mumbled that they would play too, though they were the shyer ones of our group.

Carly grinned and sat up straighter in her chair at our lunch table.

"Yay! Okay, Audrey, truth or dare?"

"Um...truth?"

"Boo you're no fun," Carly pouted. "Fine, how far have you ever gone with a guy?"

Audrey smiled. "Sorry if this disappoints you; I'm a virgin. But, I have made out with two guys."

Carly gave an amused shake of her head, but said no more. Audrey blushed a little and turned to me, "Lauren?"

"Dare," I said right away. There's not much I was afraid to do, I once stripped to my bra and underwear in front of the entire cafeteria at my old school (dumbass Charlie dared me to).

"Okay," she said, and paused to think. "First, start chewing this." she pulled out a piece of mint gum from her pocket.

"Okay?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion at her. Whatever. I took the piece from her and put it in my mouth, savoring the delicious minty flavor.

She smiled smugly, and my heart stopped at what she said next. "I want you to go make out with Tyler Morris, and leave your gum in his mouth."

My jaw dropped open and formed a little "o" at her words. Where did this sudden confidence come from? This is freaking Audrey we're talking about!

"B-but--"

"Come on, Lauren...you said dare."

I glared as I stood up, unsure if I was more annoyed or just in disbelief. "Fine, but I fucking hate you for this, Audrey."

Her grin got bigger, and she made a little shooing motion towards the table where Tyler was at.

My stomach started doing flips as I approached his table. For once, luck seemed to be on my side, as there was no girl all over him today. He was just laughing and telling some story to the guys around him. That would make my horrible task a little easier.

He halfway smiled at me as I approached him, confusion in his eyes. I noticed my brother sitting a few seats away from him, which made what I was about to do even more awkward.

"Please don't read anything into this, it's just a dare," I whispered into his ear, before completely catching him off guard and crushing my lips to his.

Heaven.

That's the only word that could describe how it felt to have Tyler Morris's lips against mine.

At first he froze, obviously startled by my actions, but then he responded, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me back.

My whole body was tingling, my heart going into overdrive, and it was almost too easy to forget what I was supposed to be doing.

He ran his tongue over my bottom lip, and I opened my mouth eagerly, getting ready to do what I came here for.

His tongue stroked mine, and I wanted to melt right there in his arms. But, of course, I didn't. With his mouth fully connected to mine, I used my tongue and pushed my piece of gum into his mouth, before pulling back, winking at him, and walking back to my table, as if what just happened had been nothing.

...

Tyler's POV
________

What the actual fuck.

I was running laps in my fourth period class, PE, replaying the kiss between me and Lauren over and over in my head.

When she kissed me, and our tongues had connected, it had taken every ounce of my willpower not to moan at how good she tasted.

She was a perfect mix between sweet and minty, and I was ready to pick her up and carry her out of the cafeteria when she had pulled away and winked at me.

She fucking winked...at me.

No girl has ever pulled away from kissing me on their own, and it had shocked the hell out of me.

I almost had a heart attack when, by the time she was back at her table and talking to her friends, I realized I had gum in my mouth.

Her gum.

It was still in my mouth right now, and I still couldn't get the feeling of her lips on mine out of my head.

God that sounded stupid as fuck but, lately, I had been having all sorts of weird thoughts and feelings when it came to her.

Stopping for a quick breath on the track, I looked around. Speaking of Lauren, she was also in this class. I laughed out loud when I saw her, panting like a dog while she ran.

Staring at her reminded me of how it felt with my arms wrapped around her waist, causing my heart to accelerate.

I frowned, shaking off the annoying feelings and forcing my body to run even faster around the track.

Whatever the fuck was happening to me, was all because of this girl.

__________________________

Short chapter, I know...longer next time.

*flirtatious wink*