Alter-Ego's

I found that when dealing with my anxiety having an alter-ego really helped me. My alter-ego's name is Evelyn Powers otherwise known as Eve or simply E.P. It may sound odd, but it works for a lot of people. 

Times that I use Eve:

-When writing (she helps to give me confidence).

-During social situations such as interacting with peers.

-When doing something that makes me nervous such as being in crowds.

-When I'm feeling anxious or my moods are particularly low.

Alter-ego's are great because they're personal to you. You can literally make them up from scratch. You just give them a first name and a surname and then think about things that you admire in people such as their confidence, smile, or playful nature. 

Another good way is to get inspiration from the internet or your surroundings. Is their a picture that you like or a favourite place that you enjoy going  to that you could help to incorporate into your alter-ego? A certain noise that you find calming? 

When I created Eve I made a large bright and colourful mind map all about her and how I wanted her to help me. I found this a clear and easy way to make my alter-ego. Making a colourful table also helps too.