Chapter 1

When people ask me if I believe in the super natural I always tell them yes. Why not believe in something that you could only dream of, like the thrill  to have fangs or to be able to shift into an animal or even see ghosts. The thing is people around me just don't understand why I believe in things like that well the easiest answer is because I'm different than most people. I can sense thing about others, like when they are mad, sad, happy, or anything else, but it is not by their face or body language. They all have this light or aura around them that tells me what I need to know. So ever day life can be hard!

My name is Athena May Knight I'm 18 years old and still in high school granted it's my 12th and final year. I have longish dirty Blondie hair and 5'5. I'm not the most popular girl in school but I'm not on the losers list. I have my 2 best friends Grace Dew and Toby Gay. There are the best people I have ever known which it great with my little ability, they have never lied or hurt me which is a big plus in my book.

My normal day starts just like any other. I wake up to the sound of my alarm telling me it's time to go to school. I leave and meet up with my best friends to walk to school now granted I have a car that is to die for but I like to walk it gives me time with them and also the great view that I have to school. I live only about 2 miles away but the scenery is lovely. My school and neighborhood sits on a lake. So for about 2 miles you can see the lake and all of nature; bird flying over the water, the boats, even a dog or two swimming in the lake most mornings. When I get to school the day starts out with going to home room for 30 min and then my classes start 1st period is English 12 for a hour and a half and 2nd period Math, then I have a whole hour for lunch and then there is 3rd and 4th period which is Government and Spanish. Well that is my day on Monday's and Wednesdays. On Tuesday and Thursday I have Science, Technology, and P.E. then home, but Fridays are the real easy days I only have Business and Art then home for the day.

I found out this morning that our long term P.E. teacher retired because of old age. I can only thank God for that one he was not a very nice man and he always liked to look at the girls way too much. This gave his aura the color of dark to murky pink and clear red. Which I have figured out with him means dishonest and sexual. By the end of the school day ever girl was talking about this new teacher. How sexy he is to downright wanting to get in his bed. Even the most popular girl in school was talking about him. Her name is Casey Colton aka Barbie, she is every guys dream come true. She has the whole package down to the fake tit job. I guess I will have to wait in till tomorrow to see for myself about this new teacher.

I get home to an empty house which in not uncommon when your parents are never home its ether business or vacations. I think so far since I started school 2 months ago they have been home for a total of 5 days. Which is long enough to unpack and repack for wherever they are going next which it fine with me. I have about 2 hours before I have to be at work which is enough time for me do my homework and a bit to eat. I love my job I work in this dinner called Family Diner it has a 50's feel to it and our uniforms are white t-shirt's tucked in to a poodle skirt it would almost remind you of the movie grease. The food is fating but good and it has the best ice cream floats and sundaes. When I have my uniform on and my hair up in the pony tail with the ribbon, I make my way to my car which I love to death it's a 2011 Porsche 918 Spyder. My parent got the car for me as an 18th birthday gift after missing 2 years in a row, but I'm not complaining I love my car.

Work is slow today so I'm restocking all the tables with napkins, salt and pepper, sugar, and ketchup, when I hear the door ding to let me know someone has came in the dinner. It's a seat yourself kind of place so when I finished with the table I'm working on I walked over to my new customer.There sitting was a very good looking guy about 6'3 with black hair and green eyes. I welcome him and ask him if he would like a drink. He replied just a coffee. As I get the coffee I really try not to read is aura but when it shows I can't help but look. The weirdest thing was his colors where like nothing I have ever seen before. I'm use to 2 to 3 colors but with his there where so many of them like a deep red, orange red, orange, and many more. I was stunned for a minute or two because of it. I recovered and placed his coffee on the table asking him if he would like something to eat. All he says is that he is waiting on someone; I nodded and let him know that if he needs anything else to just yell. The dinner was closing in15 minutes and he was still sitting there alone, so doing what I had to I gavehim the check and let him know we were closing up. He nods and leaves 10 dollars on the table and walks out. I thought that was just strange but I also felt bad for him because he waited for 2 hours and the other person never did show up.

I was driving on my way home after closing the dinner to see it was a clear and peaceful night out. Arrived home to a dark house, only to go in and shower just to get the smell of grease out of my hair. But I could not stop think about the green eyed man that I had seen tonight the colors where dazzling I tried my hardest to remember all the colors I had seen, but the only ones that I seem to remember is the deep red, orange and orange red which should be easy to read as strong will- powered and survival, good health, and confidence. With that I removed myself from the hot relaxing shower to bed for the next school day. Which would be an exciting day at least with meeting the new P.E. teacher?