Wait...what?

"Rue MELLARK!" Olivia boomed. She did not obviously want to postpone the beginning of the games. What a twerp. I inched forward and found myself on a big screen to my left. Oh my goodness. I'm famous. All of Panem are watching me at the moment...I'm scared. I eventually arrive at the stage and I'm greeted with a friendly handshake from Olivia, plus my fellow tributes from 12- including my aunt Prim. I feel so sorry for her. She's quite old for the games! Well, not as old as Mags, but still...older than the normal age rate of 12-18 years old.

In no time at all, I'm whisked into the Justice Building and my visitors arrive. First my mum and dad. They are beside themselves with tears. My mum holds my hand gently, sobbing. Then I realise it. A sharp shape pricks my hand. I uncover my hands from my mum and there, sitting proudly on my hand is the MockingJay pin. A sign of the past rebellion. A sign which meant more than a district token. It was my mums life. She would be my mentor, along with Peeta (my dad) and Haymitch Abernathy. All three, gifted, skilled. Without a doubt I had been learning from my mums archery and dads sessions on camouflage. I've practically had the same training as a career, maybe better. I suppose Aunt Prim is great too, her sister (whilst at home) taught her everything. I have a feeling I should ally with her. After all, she could be valuable to me.

Then Teratwin Derby comes in- my boyfriend and best friend. Yeah, I'm young, but he's really sweet to me! And he is a gift. He could of left me that day, left me to die...

FLASHBACK

"Rue, come on!" Teratwin yelled. We were by the lake- again! I loved it there, surrounded by singing birds known as MockingJays. Ice filled the lake, thin ice. I reckon I could skate on it. Which is good as we brought our boots. I glided out into the middle of the lake, spun around, then it happened. I fell straight through the ice and into the chilled water. I couldn't swim! I'm 8, not 12!!! As I thought of the worst, that I was past, my super hero, Teratwin, pulled me out, muscles in full use. I felt warm instantly as he cuddled me closely. Then I kissed him. More of a robin peck on the cheek, but it was a kiss. From that day on, we were inseparable.